Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » www.baautox.com » Suggestions » Subscribed Topic Email Notifications (aren't working for me..)
Subscribed Topic Email Notifications [message #87028] Thu, 12 January 2012 13:12 Go to next message
Sean is currently offline  Sean   United States
Third Gear

What do I need to do to enable emails when I get responses to a thread that I've posted to? (or a thread that I've started?)

I get emails on PMs.. but not on threads that I'm subscribed to.

What did I miss?

-Sean
Re: Subscribed Topic Email Notifications [message #87033 is a reply to message #87028] Thu, 12 January 2012 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gotzoom? is currently offline  gotzoom?   United States
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

Yeah, that has never worked right (or at least the way I think it should.) Here is how I *think* it works:

When you check the "post notification" box, you'll find that you sometimes receive email notification. I think it only happens when someone replies to your post, not any post in the thread, as you would expect. Spammers often reply to really old posts that I made and I tend to get those emails for some reason. It remains a mystery and I haven't really gotten a good answer from the forum authors on how to make sure that people always receive email on threads that they check "post notification" on. Every upgrade, I hope it will be fixed, but it never seems to be fixed. Confused

If you like using RSS, there is an RSS feed that you can subscribe to. That's what a lot of people do.

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
85 Toyota Corolla GTS Drift Machine
72 Honda Z600 good FSP car?
Avitar credit: Zyrano
Re: Subscribed Topic Email Notifications [message #87035 is a reply to message #87033] Thu, 12 January 2012 16:23 Go to previous message
Sean is currently offline  Sean   United States
Third Gear

Thanks.
I have to actually *visit* my threads to see if there's been a response.

Hope its fixed with the next upgrade! Smile

I'll try the RSS feed.
Previous Topic: tjz06 account locked out
Next Topic: classified search
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jan 22 07:44:06 PST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00932 seconds