Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » www.baautox.com » Suggestions » Attachments should open in a new window
Attachments should open in a new window [message #6060] Tue, 29 August 2006 10:34 Go to next message
John Stimson is currently offline  John Stimson   United States
Top Time of Day

In order to make the interface to this board more like the standard interface used on most other boards of its type, clicking on an attachment should open a new window.

While I was writing a new message, I clicked on an attachment to see the picture, then closed the window to get back to the message I was entering. That obviously didn't work, and I lost the message that I had entered because it was in the window I had just closed.

Standard interfaces are good. Different interfaces are good only if they are significantly better in some way. If a different interface is being used, there should be some clear indication that it is not the standard interface that people expect.

Yet another avatar photo by Bryan Heitkotter
Re: Attachments should open in a new window [message #6066 is a reply to message #6060] Tue, 29 August 2006 13:00 Go to previous message
gotzoom? is currently offline  gotzoom?   United States
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

The site is running a slightly older version than the latest. I took a quick perusal of the changelog and there's nothing that jumps out at me that specifically mentions this issue, but there are a few useful changes and some mention of attachment handling chages. I'll update the version this weekend and see if it behaves any differently from the version running now. If it works the same way, I'll open a bug with the vendor. Thanks!

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
85 Toyota Corolla GTS Drift Machine
72 Honda Z600 good FSP car?
Avitar credit: Zyrano
Previous Topic: AutoX Noobie Post...
Next Topic: Road Racing Section
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 20:04:54 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00742 seconds