Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Rallycross » Looking for some opinions on the vallejo rallyx course
Looking for some opinions on the vallejo rallyx course [message #74568] Wed, 22 December 2010 12:08 Go to next message
Dartordemon is currently offline  Dartordemon   United States
First Gear

Maybe an odd Q, but I was thinking of attending one of the vallejo events, but i don't have a "typical" car to use for rallyx and was thinking of bringing my truck. It obviously won't be too competitive, but if i was worried about that i'd have something else.

The concern i have is that my truck is lowered and i'm wondering how rough is the course? I don't wanna show up and find myself riding the bumpstops the whole way. or worse yet, slapping my crossmember.(these trucks have giant one's)

As of now(on the street w/ my shocks dialed at medium/soft setting) I rarely bottom out on the rough roads around vacaville/fairfield.

1973 plymouth duster
2004 chevy colorado
Re: Looking for some opinions on the vallejo rallyx course [message #74588 is a reply to message #74568] Wed, 22 December 2010 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everbruin is currently offline  everbruin   
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

when i went, venue had a large, fairly smooth dirt area, a small tarmac area and a small big/chunky gravel/rock area [not good for car]. i've 2 vids from 2+ yrs ago
http://www.baautox.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=34764& amp;rid=199&srch=vallejo#msg_34764

-An; str 95 m3
http://lh4.ggpht.com/everbruin/SJk0MZaxxMI/AAAAAAAABDY/y3789jgyezY/s144/avat160.jpg
Re: Looking for some opinions on the vallejo rallyx course [message #74598 is a reply to message #74588] Wed, 22 December 2010 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dartordemon is currently offline  Dartordemon   United States
First Gear

everbruin wrote on Wed, 22 December 2010 17:58
when i went, venue had a large, fairly smooth dirt area, a small tarmac area and a small big/chunky gravel/rock area [not good for car]. i've 2 vids from 2+ yrs ago
http://www.baautox.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=34764& amp; amp; amp;rid=199&srch=vallejo#msg_34764

oh cool, that doesnt look too bad then, that gravel/rock patch looks like it sucks, but i noticed you slowed down quite a bit and i saw in a few other videos(maybe later ones?) that there was a smoother path cleared through the gravel patch.

The nice thing about your videos is that the sound is clear enough to hear the dirt/rocks hitting the car to get a better idea of how loose it is/how much gets kicked up in each section.

1973 plymouth duster
2004 chevy colorado

[Updated on: Wed, 22 December 2010 21:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Looking for some opinions on the vallejo rallyx course [message #74606 is a reply to message #74598] Thu, 23 December 2010 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everbruin is currently offline  everbruin   
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

other vids must be later cuz i went on the inaugural rallyx day for vallejo; would've gone again if autox wasn't scheduled the same day =)

-An; str 95 m3
http://lh4.ggpht.com/everbruin/SJk0MZaxxMI/AAAAAAAABDY/y3789jgyezY/s144/avat160.jpg
Re: Looking for some opinions on the vallejo rallyx course [message #74696 is a reply to message #74606] Tue, 28 December 2010 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rallyxcrx is currently offline  rallyxcrx   United States
Second Gear

No Message Body
Re: Looking for some opinions on the vallejo rallyx course [message #74698 is a reply to message #74696] Tue, 28 December 2010 09:46 Go to previous message
rallyxcrx is currently offline  rallyxcrx   United States
Second Gear

Here is my 2 cents, 6" ground clearance is good, 5" clearance, you need a skid plate for that once every couple of years boulder on course, 4" clearance stay home. Very little suspension travel is needed for rallycross, as you are rarely on the bumpstops. The dirt surface just makes your car shake a lot. Dave
Previous Topic: Watch your backside while rallying...
Next Topic: RallyCross in Rancho Cordova
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 14 03:52:26 PDT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00844 seconds