Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Drifting » JustDrift Dec 19/20 Photos
Re: JustDrift Dec 19/20 Photos [message #64966 is a reply to message #57705] Sat, 15 May 2010 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrChow is currently offline  MrChow   United States
Second Gear

gotzoom? wrote on Wed, 23 December 2009 23:20

Dennis already said no more drift events since the last group was a bunch of losers, didn't work, made a mess and left a mess. It might be worth floating the idea of a higher entry price (say $75,) to try and keep out some of the rabble.

Leaving a mess is a understatement... I was helping out for extra 30 mins cleaning up. There was oil, coolant, and just a lot of crap. It was unbelievable to me.

reza wrote on Thu, 24 December 2009 01:18

wow...I was in that last marina event. people seems to be enjoying themselves. I offered to help Dennis with doing some course work to relieve their crew as well.
Need to find out what he meant by a bunch of losers and mess. Perhaps those kids leave trash around.

I drift all the time at UFO events but work my ass off when I have to work or pick up. Also the few of us that do drift with they know if I ever do spin I try to get back out and away so we don't have to do reruns and slow down the whole event.

On that note Peggy was talking to me about the drift cross. If we want we can run one and she'll do the paper work for us. We just have to get the people together, workers, setup, basically everything but the paper work. To the rent the airfield is lil over 3k for the day. So if people want to try to get something together i can work with you guys and Peggy to get it all done.
Re: JustDrift Dec 19/20 Photos [message #64967 is a reply to message #57592] Sat, 15 May 2010 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrChow is currently offline  MrChow   United States
Second Gear

I also have a few other people that'll help out if I do try to do it again. Luke aka blu808 want to do it again.
Re: JustDrift Dec 19/20 Photos [message #64973 is a reply to message #57592] Sat, 15 May 2010 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dodol is currently offline  dodol   United States
Second Gear

reza and me can help too for marina drift event
Re: JustDrift Dec 19/20 Photos [message #64979 is a reply to message #57592] Sun, 16 May 2010 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gotzoom? is currently offline  gotzoom?   United States
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

Count me in to help out as well, provided that it doesn't conflict with an SFR autocross round.

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
85 Toyota Corolla GTS Drift Machine
72 Honda Z600 good FSP car?
Avitar credit: Zyrano
Re: JustDrift Dec 19/20 Photos [message #64985 is a reply to message #57592] Sun, 16 May 2010 18:16 Go to previous message
MrChow is currently offline  MrChow   
Second Gear

Well need a lot of these done to get this working. First off we need to see how many people would come. Cuz remember it's lil over 3 grand to get the spot. So we need to know how many people and how much we're going to charge.

Need a few works and few people just like any other event. I know we could do this but it'd be easier if we kept it close event.

Previous Topic: TD Pro-Am Round 2 - Escape from Guantanamo Bay
Next Topic: Any upcoming drift instruction events?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 03 06:46:38 PST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00916 seconds