Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Drifting » ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21
Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48628 is a reply to message #48615] Thu, 21 May 2009 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solonut is currently offline  solonut   United States
Top Time of Day

[quote title=ConePirate wrote on Thu, 21 May 2009 11:36
SOLONUT! you remember me from the reno-region autocross days??? wow! cool! who are you? I sure miss that... well, not the car... [/quote]
I was Chief of tech.....and had the VW....you need to come on up...we are now running alot of out auto-x's ar Reno-Fernley Raceway....

Any bad day of racing is better than a good day @ work
Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48672 is a reply to message #48574] Sat, 23 May 2009 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ConePirate is currently offline  ConePirate   United States
Second Gear

okay, well I don't remember your car, but I remember having a hard time passing tech! haha. Damn, if only I hadn't stripped out the car and put the swaybars on it, I could've run GS or HS (can't remember)

and I STILL haven't had a chance to go to fernley. I was going to come up and help instruct some of the first trackday-like events you guys held, but never got the chance. I should fly up with Jeff Moore sometime!

Good to see you guys are still kicking up there, the only people I see from the group anymore are Dave and Carol, and a guy who's name I can't remember... I'm actually looking at Dave Deborde's Z-car through my office window right now! SCCA double regional this weekend!

www.Thunderdrift.com - 530.559.2554 - info@thunderdrift.com
FBG€ PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE Better Drifting For Norcal Drifting Better and Sexier Coalition
Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48694 is a reply to message #48574] Sun, 24 May 2009 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
udontknowjack is currently offline  udontknowjack   United States
Fourth Gear
CONTRIBUTOR

can i make my 2003 porsche boxster auto/tiptronic to drift??

75 CS 2014 ==> STR 2015 ==> (SSM? 2016) Mazda (not miata) MX5 club

Philip
Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48737 is a reply to message #48574] Mon, 25 May 2009 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ConePirate is currently offline  ConePirate   
Second Gear

well, providing you aren't just kidding Smile

yes, as long as you can disable the traction control. The skidpad is relatively low-speed, so auto's are okay if you can lock out 1st and 2nd. I've had problems with chevy autos because the "L" is 2nd AND 1st... so I'd get halfway through a drift and it'd shift to 2nd and lose all power.

If you're really interested, give it a shot! What size are your rear tires? it might be advantageous to get a cheap pair of wheels and mount some skinnys on the rear.

FBG€ PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE Better Drifting For Norcal Drifting Better and Sexier Coalition
Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48816 is a reply to message #48737] Thu, 28 May 2009 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
udontknowjack is currently offline  udontknowjack   United States
Fourth Gear
CONTRIBUTOR

no im not kidding....

but after research on 986 forum...its almost impossible to make a boxster s to drift....let alone a non s and auto...i seriously doubt it is possible for my car to drift

75 CS 2014 ==> STR 2015 ==> (SSM? 2016) Mazda (not miata) MX5 club

Philip

[Updated on: Thu, 28 May 2009 18:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48819 is a reply to message #48574] Thu, 28 May 2009 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Second Gear

Well, I always like to argue that almost ANYTHING can drift, the problem is that some cars are very hard to learn in. If you've got Porsche money, you might be interested in picking up a cheap RWD car to try drifting in. It's a seriously beneficial car control technique to be comfortable and familiar with if you plan to do any more serious motorsports (trackdays/club racing)

just my .02

maybe come check out an event and see what it's all about! On non-comp days, I give a $20 for 2-run deal to people who just want to try it out for a minute...

Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48828 is a reply to message #48574] Fri, 29 May 2009 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Second Gear

BIG NEWS FOLKS!

Time to announce Judges and Prizes!

Judges!

Rich Kong - D1GP Driver, and Purveyor of insane SR & 20V swaps at Performance Options in Oakland

Luke Lonberger - Formula-D Driver, and Purveyor of insane LS1 swaps at Blu808 Racing Fab, and BRR Racing in Los Gatos.

Yusef Wallace - The god of judging, the god of heavy metal, crazy artwork, and purveyor of amazing burgers at Oscar's Burger Spa in Berkley.

PRIZES!

Big news! TD has teamed up with T3! We're super excited to have T3 throwing in prizes, and look forward to some awesome cross-promotion in the future!

The winner of Round3 will be receiving rear subframe collars, or NCRCA's (S13/AE86 Respectively) from T3!

http://www.thunderdrift.com/images/T3.jpg

2nd place will be receiving a $75 gift card to Limitless Motorsports for use towards Electronic Labor! This means gauges, stereos, alarms, e-management, ETC!

http://www.thunderdrift.com/images/limitless.jpg

Big thanks to Gabe of T3 and Alex of Limitless for putting this together! Smile Smile Smile Thumb Up

Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48831 is a reply to message #48574] Fri, 29 May 2009 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Second Gear

oh and another big announcement!

The VP/Head Photog for Street Import Online Magazine will be at Round3!!!! This means, if you're drifting hard... you'll be in the article or possibly on the front page!

check'em out!

http://www.thunderdrift.com/images/sio.jpg

Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #49400 is a reply to message #48574] Wed, 10 June 2009 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Second Gear

Attention Drifters!

Time is running out to register, so if you intend on participating in the June 20/21st Thunderdrift, please register now at www.thunderdrift.com/register

You already know the event is being covered by http://www.streetimportonline.com/, there will be another AWESOME video shot/edited by Terence of snSPL photography, we're giving away awesome prizes from Techno Toy Tuning, Limitless Motorsports, and Laboratory17, but there's more cool stuff coming! ...just you wait. You won't want to miss this event Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 10 June 2009 09:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #49437 is a reply to message #48574] Wed, 10 June 2009 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
uncle humjaba is currently offline  uncle humjaba
Second Gear

How much is it if you just want to practice (not compete)?

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii263/humjaba/Mustang%20Pics/sig.png
96 Mustang - College car [South Carolina]
95 Miata - Summer beater [California]
Previous Topic: Fresno SCCA Practice Drift
Next Topic: Thunderhill Fulltrack Drift/Grip
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Nov 25 19:23:15 PST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00967 seconds