Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Drifting » Tire question
Re: Tire question [message #40579 is a reply to message #39769] Tue, 25 November 2008 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akdmx is currently offline  akdmx   United States
First Gear

what about the falken rt-615?
its certainly cheap enough (at about 130 each for the 255/40/17)
i have them on my car, and they are very predictable near the limit
Re: Tire question [message #40621 is a reply to message #39769] Wed, 26 November 2008 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skizzup is currently offline  Skizzup   United States
Second Gear

for drifting, i'd rather get some nexens of federals. they are cheap and dont chunk up... falkens (to me) are too expensive to burn up. that and they are pretty grippy. you'd want something will higher tread wear.

Dino
#86 - Red Corolla GT-s
Re: Tire question [message #40638 is a reply to message #40621] Wed, 26 November 2008 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DHale_510 is currently offline  DHale_510   United States
Third Gear

A big problem that we will need to deal with if we continue at Marina is tire noise. The drifters squealing around are causing more complaints than the dunebuggys' stupid megaphone exhausts. It doesn't matter to me what the tires cost or how long they last. Find tires that are relatively quiet or it won't matter how long they last.
This jeapordizes all of the activities at the site. Neighbors do not differentiate between the activities.
The only valid noise complaint we ever have had in northern California since I started in 1984 was a tire noise complaint at DeAnza. I expect it is to be expected anywhere. People equate the tire noise with movie class disasters and don't want it in their neighborhoods.
R compounds and true slicks make no noise. Cheap tires make lots of noise.
Please pass word on to your drifter crowd.

Dennis Hale
Re: Tire question [message #40676 is a reply to message #39769] Thu, 27 November 2008 18:36 Go to previous message
Skizzup is currently offline  Skizzup   United States
Second Gear

you cant drift on slicks though dennis, Sad

Dino
#86 - Red Corolla GT-s
Previous Topic: Create a new format: DORIFTO-CROSS!!
Next Topic: UFO 2009 Season
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Nov 25 20:10:34 PST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00852 seconds