Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Drifting » New Auto-x/drift site
New Auto-x/drift site [message #32905] Fri, 06 June 2008 15:18 Go to next message
drift240sx is currently offline  drift240sx   United States
Second Gear

I just got this email from a friend.They have been working on getting anew drift/auto-x site. I think they may have.Lets hope that it happens it would be really nice to have a track close to home. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Well i finally got the word from the Altamont Manager Jeff Macey, on whats going on... he writes... "Got the word from CO. we are a GOOOOOOO !!! Need you to call and get the word out. Id like to have a meeting with all the kids." so it speaks for itself..... Now we just need to get one set up... I know that there were some good organizing type guys at the last meet and i would like them to come back for this meeting to help set something up! Again if you do not know what i am talking about since the Altamont raceway had drifting banned from its track the manager and a small group of drifters (including myself) have been pushing hard for the County to let us use there airports to put on events... Drift Drag and auto-x...

So It is now a GOOOO... and are going to need to get some nice Organizing going on... For example the meet coming up... shoot me some ideas when you can come!!! we are trying to set it up for 21st and 22nd of this month. It will either be at the altamont race track or the New Jaruselem air strip to get a look at what we are working with...

if you are coming to the meeting or would like to atend let Jeff macey know directly! He is the President and general manager.

Give him your name and contact info!

jmacey@AltamontRacing.com

1991 Nissan 240sx Build to race.....
Live Life Fast.....Die Young
Re: New Auto-x/drift site [message #32906 is a reply to message #32905] Fri, 06 June 2008 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Impala SS AutocroSSer   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

So, is Altamont even (remotely) clue-ed in as to a business model to rent the place out for autocross yet? As in, renting it for a price that is realistic?

As of last year, the answer was no Sad

(Cliff notes : under their "model" you were looking at an entry fee of $60+ for the club putting on the event to break even Wink )

Ed Runnion

2016 Scion FR-S, SSC 116 "CU TGERS"
1996 Chevy Impala SS, CP 63 "T56 SS"

Former : HS Fiesta ST, DS/FS Genesis Coupe, STC Civic Si, STS Acura Integra, STX Subaru WRX Wagon
Re: New Auto-x/drift site [message #32911 is a reply to message #32905] Fri, 06 June 2008 22:39 Go to previous message
drift240sx is currently offline  drift240sx   United States
Second Gear

i dont think this is going to be at the altamont race track. Im not sure on the price if they were going to do auto-x. I just heard taht they were looking at a place in tracy fro drifting and auto-x. so i guess we are going to have to wait and see i guess

1991 Nissan 240sx Build to race.....
Live Life Fast.....Die Young
Previous Topic: may 24: motoring j style show and drift event
Next Topic: Practice spots...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Nov 25 20:25:49 PST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00857 seconds