Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » www.baautox.com » Suggestions » what causes ignore list, if I clearly do not click the ignore button?
Re: what causes ignore list, if I clearly do not click the ignore button? [message #33619 is a reply to message #29882] Tue, 01 July 2008 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tjZ06 is currently offline  tjZ06   United States
Top PAX

I get ppl randomly added to my ignore list, I am randomly subscribed to threads, and I have a massive buddy list which I did not build. I use a LOT of msg boards and have a CS background, I can tell you without any doubt it is not user-error.

-TJ
Re: what causes ignore list, if I clearly do not click the ignore button? [message #33631 is a reply to message #29882] Tue, 01 July 2008 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gotzoom? is currently offline  gotzoom?   United States
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

I think I stumbled on to something that may be the cause. There are people complaining about similar random things happening without their knowledge and it smells an awful lot like this problem, but not exactly. Anyways, I changed a setting that several people report fixed their issues. If you don't mind checking on this for me, please clear your ignore list and buddy list (the people you don't want there) and see if the problem recurs. Hopefully it won't.

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
85 Toyota Corolla GTS Drift Machine
72 Honda Z600 good FSP car?
Avitar credit: Zyrano
Re: what causes ignore list, if I clearly do not click the ignore button? [message #33632 is a reply to message #29882] Tue, 01 July 2008 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

I've also been considering installing a self-signed SSL cert on the webserver and giving you the option of using https (or allowing only https.) Any interest there? I don't want to deal with buying proper certs, so you'd get a cert warning on your browser each time to come to the site unless you "accept permanently" the cert.

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
Re: what causes ignore list, if I clearly do not click the ignore button? [message #33775 is a reply to message #33632] Sun, 06 July 2008 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

re: SSL - I do like the idea of https:

No, it's not just because the messages won't show in the logfiles at work.... Wink

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love
Re: what causes ignore list, if I clearly do not click the ignore button? [message #33791 is a reply to message #29882] Mon, 07 July 2008 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1paxed_up_TT is currently offline  1paxed_up_TT   United States
Top PAX

so far so good. 6 days or so and no new user on my ignore list. I haven't deleted my buddy list that kept growing till the 1st. What the heck, everyone's a buddy anyway Very Happy I think there's about 30+ names in there Razz

Eugene

#10 T2 FSP Silver '87 Mazda 323 - 2200lb/85hp
#10 BSP Gray '01 Audi TTR - 3300lb/270hp
#510 T2 DSP Silver '96 Audi A4Q - 3200lb/180hp
Re: what causes ignore list, if I clearly do not click the ignore button? [message #56862 is a reply to message #29882] Sun, 06 December 2009 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brattesani is currently offline  brattesani   
Top PAX

I just noticed there are about 30 people on my buddy list and 30 people on my ignore list (some of the same names, some different) that I definately didnt add, I didnt even know about these features until it said "message from (insert screen name here) has been ignored [show message]"

just a heads up to our friendly neighborhood sysadmin

Zep
89 spec civic
(Avatar by ground-speed)
Re: what causes ignore list, if I clearly do not click the ignore button? [message #56894 is a reply to message #29882] Mon, 07 December 2009 08:11 Go to previous message
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

I think this was caused by a bug in the previous version. I'll look into which database table contains the user ban list and I can send people a pm if they have folks banned. I'd rather not purge the table myself, since some people may wants the bans in place.

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
Previous Topic: Test
Next Topic: Lost and Found?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 22 04:06:31 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01111 seconds