Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » www.baautox.com » Suggestions » Digest format
Digest format [message #135] Thu, 29 September 2005 16:01 Go to next message
vtluu is currently offline  vtluu   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR, FORUM SPONSOR

For people who prefer mailing lists... I noticed that this URL will produce a single web page with all of the day's new postings, sorted by thread and time. Assuming the software doesn't already have a facility for doing it, it'd be pretty easy to run the resulting HTML through a Perl script to generate a plain-text digest format E-mail for those who want it. (Heck the script need not even live on the same server as baautox.)

Just an idea...

Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. "Tam")
Director, SCCA San Francisco Region
SFR-SCCA Solo Steering Committee

1999 Miata, #10 ITS / CSP
2003 Evo 8, #12 STU / OSP
2011 SFR-SCCA Improved Touring S Champion
Re: Digest format [message #136 is a reply to message #135] Thu, 29 September 2005 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gotzoom? is currently offline  gotzoom?   United States
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

I have email notification enabled on the site, so if you subscribe to a forum or post to a thread, an email is sent to you to let you know when followups are posted. Yahoo sends those to "Bulk Mail." I'm not sure what other mailservers do. Since the site is coming from a Comcast ip addy, I would bet that most spam filters will block the mail from the site. This is a big part of the reason why I want to move the site to a colo environment. So, if I scrape the site and send email digests, they will likely be blocked my spam filters. Sux to be on Comcast Mad

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
85 Toyota Corolla GTS Drift Machine
72 Honda Z600 good FSP car?
Avitar credit: Zyrano
Re: Digest format [message #137 is a reply to message #136] Thu, 29 September 2005 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vtluu is currently offline  vtluu   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR, FORUM SPONSOR

Right, but those subscriptions are reply notifications. They only tell you a message has been posted; they don't have the content of the message itself (though I'm sure that's probably just an option away).

The idea was for those who currently subscribe to the mailing list who like to get their posts in daily digest format--a single E-mail with all of the (previous) day's new messages.

Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. "Tam")
Director, SCCA San Francisco Region
SFR-SCCA Solo Steering Committee

1999 Miata, #10 ITS / CSP
2003 Evo 8, #12 STU / OSP
2011 SFR-SCCA Improved Touring S Champion
Re: Digest format [message #138 is a reply to message #135] Thu, 29 September 2005 16:32 Go to previous message
gotzoom? is currently offline  gotzoom?   United States
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

ygpm

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
85 Toyota Corolla GTS Drift Machine
72 Honda Z600 good FSP car?
Avitar credit: Zyrano
Previous Topic: a calender
Next Topic: new posts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 08 10:30:56 PDT 2020