Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » www.baautox.com » Suggestions » A thought regaring truncated posts.
A thought regaring truncated posts. [message #16184] Mon, 28 May 2007 17:31 Go to next message
BryanH is currently offline  BryanH   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Hey Dave,

Just got to wondering why the forum truncates a post if it's a long one. Do you have the ability to remove this feature, or set the threshold higher? It seems a bit intrusive when a good discussion is occurring, requiring extra clicks to show the whole post. Smile

2015 FS | 2013 DSP | 2012 STX | 2010 CS | 2009 BS | 2006 ES National Champion
Four cylinders. Two seats. No regrets.

Re: A thought regaring truncated posts. [message #16220 is a reply to message #16184] Tue, 29 May 2007 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gotzoom? is currently offline  gotzoom?   United States
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

Haha, yeah. I just noticed that. I've seen it before, but I think it showed up more today than in the whole rest of the time that the forum has been in existance. I'll check it out and change it if easily possible.

Thanks!

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
85 Toyota Corolla GTS Drift Machine
72 Honda Z600 good FSP car?
Avitar credit: Zyrano
Re: A thought regaring truncated posts. [message #16310 is a reply to message #16184] Wed, 30 May 2007 22:39 Go to previous message
gotzoom? is currently offline  gotzoom?   United States
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

There is no feature that I can tweak to make the posts not break into two parts, unfortunately. It seems this is a product of the way they did the database schema. There is a new release coming fairly soon. I have been keeping an eye on the progress. Once it goes g-a, I'll probably install the new version on my sandbox server and see how it looks. Maybe there will be an easy way to change that setting on the new version.

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
85 Toyota Corolla GTS Drift Machine
72 Honda Z600 good FSP car?
Avitar credit: Zyrano
Previous Topic: Mark All As Read
Next Topic: parts/service recommendations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 11:02:56 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01218 seconds