Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » www.baautox.com » Suggestions » How about a centralized calendar?
How about a centralized calendar? [message #10896] Sun, 14 January 2007 23:58 Go to next message
muggsy   United States
First Gear

Events get posted to it, instead of wading through 16 threads about the next laguna seca run.

Each entry can be a clickable link to a simple (and printable) text file with all the relevant info you could ever need.

Require mod approval so people aren't posting junk or incorrect days. With such a small scope (rallyx + autox in norcal) it should be fairly manageable.

Maybe make it searchable by query string or by date(s).

Optional link of who the source was (maybe a clickable link) so we know who to burn at the stake if the dates are wrong.

I'm a unix guy, not a programmer, so I don't know what kind of software/scripting you'd need, but it seems like it'd use a negligible amount of space, and would really tidy up the board.

If this has been dealt with in a prior post, then I apologize. I like this forum, and I'll do what I can to help it.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
-John Benfield

'01 Focus ZX3 - "Squirt"
Re: How about a centralized calendar? [message #10897 is a reply to message #10896] Mon, 15 January 2007 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Stimson is currently offline  John Stimson   United States
Top Time of Day

For autocross:
http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/cgi-bin/schedaction.cgi

Yet another avatar photo by Bryan Heitkotter

[Updated on: Mon, 15 January 2007 00:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How about a centralized calendar? [message #10902 is a reply to message #10896] Mon, 15 January 2007 10:46 Go to previous message
gotzoom? is currently offline  gotzoom?   United States
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

There have been a number of requests for a calendar since this site has been running (roughly 1.5 years.) Since the site is primarily dedicated to solo type events (Autox and Rallyx,) that would be the only type of event that would be formally posted in the form of some type of calendar. Jerry Mouton does the autox calendar for the SFR Solo2 website (link that John gave.) This is pretty much regarded as the authoritative autox calendar in this area. I intend to put a "next event" ticker at the top of the forum, but that whole pesky real life thing keeps getting in the way.

In regard to track events and other types of automotove related events, I encourage everyone to post about them in the "Northern California Events" forum. When we see posts about upcoming events that are not so widely known about, one of the moderators will sticky the post for a sufficient length of time to let people know about them.

I've been thinking about making a "links" forum that would be moderated and if you have a link that you feel is worthy to go in there, you would post that link and, if approved, it would be in there permanently. The problem is with the way the forum sorts things chronologically by date of last activity.

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
85 Toyota Corolla GTS Drift Machine
72 Honda Z600 good FSP car?
Avitar credit: Zyrano
Previous Topic: Post Deletion of Personal Posts
Next Topic: Mark All As Read
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 11:05:24 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01212 seconds