Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » General Autocross Discussion » 2019 Nationals (Feel free to bring up other relevant items)
2019 Nationals [message #122674] Sat, 06 April 2019 10:45 Go to next message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   United States
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

Interesting bits in the new Sportscar, there will be two-stage registration where Champions and specialty Chiefs will get a week to register first, then all others the next week, starting in mid-June.

Also they have dropped the cap to 1325 drivers, to allow for Mother Nature, emergencies, etc. to take up a bit of time so that it's less likely to have run groups end up in the dark. That makes sense - I was flagging the last group on Tuesday and it was after dark, and a lot of those cars didn't even have headlights! Shocked

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love
Re: 2019 Nationals [message #122676 is a reply to message #122674] Sat, 06 April 2019 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atcovan is currently offline  atcovan   
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Too many entries... an enviable problem!

Jim
Re: 2019 Nationals [message #122683 is a reply to message #122676] Tue, 16 April 2019 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brmxr4ti is currently offline  brmxr4ti   United States
Top Time of Day

I don't see the point of registration the National Champions first, I would much rather be in the sweep car to rest and be in A/C for 2 hours. That said now that there going with a hard cap of 1325 or base on the article of 1125 hard cap we could see registration be done in 2 hours this year.

It's going to be interesting if they close the event down at 7.01 pm because they don't want to be in the dark/sundown would that mean you would only get 1 run on day 1 or day 2, it may put an emphasis on getting your first run in if your coming up on that time.

I really like when they said that the national's could run on blacktop and concrete, not until 2022 but that would be really cool to run Blacktop on day 1 and Concrete on day 2.

Ben

DSPXR4ti 2009 DSP National Champion
Re: 2019 Nationals [message #122689 is a reply to message #122683] Wed, 24 April 2019 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

The asphalt and concrete idea is interesting. Not everybody has the luxury of a fully adjustable race car based vehicle however and having to change suspension settings between days is not my idea of entertainment.

FWIW sunset this year on September 5th is around 7:50 p.m. But last year it was very cloudy near dusk so it got dark even earlier. That and the somewhat wet pavement made it really unsafe IMO. SCCA eventually gave that group a single make-up run on the next morning.

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love
2019 Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals Preliminary Run Days [message #122706 is a reply to message #122689] Tue, 14 May 2019 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

...is shown at
https:// www.scca.com/downloads/44506-2019-solo-nationals-run-days-ma rch-edition

Most classes have their Tues/Wed vs. Thurs/Friday shown, though a bunch do state that they will be determined "by Spring Nationals".

Re: 2019 Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals Preliminary Run Days [message #122728 is a reply to message #122706] Tue, 18 June 2019 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

Final run groups posted by SCCA:
http://www.scca.com/u/0xq05

Re: 2019 Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals Preliminary Run Days [message #122735 is a reply to message #122728] Tue, 25 June 2019 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

Remember what supposedly happened in Iran, where a bug caused their uranium centrifuges to accelerate out of control and self-destruct? Apparently the same thing is happening at MotorsportReg right now as all of the autocrossers in the US attempt to register for Nationals. The hard drives are blinking, running faster and faster, and system administrators are either running towards or away from the server rooms..... (4:13 p.m. Tuesday June 25th) "Captain, she canna take much more of this, she's gonna blow!"

Shocked

Let's hope they recover soon, or at least soon enough for me to register! Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 25 June 2019 16:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 2019 Nationals [message #122740 is a reply to message #122683] Thu, 04 July 2019 16:21 Go to previous message
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

brmxr4ti wrote on Tue, 16 April 2019 11:35
I don't see the point of registration the National Champions first, I would much rather be in the sweep car to rest and be in A/C for 2 hours. That said now that there going with a hard cap of 1325 or base on the article of 1125 hard cap we could see registration be done in 2 hours this year.....<edit>

Ben

You are correct, sir! It was about 2 hours, though it was the 2nd time through as everyone has seen in the e-mails from SCCA / MotorsportReg. After 1 hour, and that was the hour that only had about 40 minutes of actual registering after they got a bug fixed, the reg was already at >1000 total. That included the 400 that were early's and a few lucky's from the aborted first attempt at Open.

Wow, that is annoying though as Jim noted earlier an enviable problem to have, being TOO popular.

Sure, sweep car would be nice, who you gotta know Wink to get either of those two jobs? The main qualification seems to be, Willing to stand on the throttle/brakes of a rental car for 5 minutes/hour. I'll be happy if I can get Starter again, more likely that it will be a Station Captain clipboard guy.

Dang, probably time to start on the road reservations. The Lincoln ones are already filled up at the better places.

Previous Topic: Packwood 2019
Next Topic: 2018 Minor Waivers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 20 22:56:32 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00901 seconds