Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » New to Autocross/New to the Forum » Please Explain "Novice" Classes?
icon5.gif  Please Explain "Novice" Classes? [message #117284] Fri, 04 December 2015 09:58 Go to next message
MJinCP is currently offline  MJinCP   United States
First Gear

New to the forum, new to autox (been 30+ years since last time). I am entered in tomorrow's event, and I see from the entry list there are Novice classes listed. Wasn't aware of this. Even though I am new, I don't think I want to run in that class. I'd rather size myself up against the true future competition I'll have in the class next year. For my own info though, what is the Novice criteria, and how is it handled? Do you still compete head-to-head with the drivers in the same non-Novice class, or does the Novice class stand alone?

Thanks!

Mike

55 ES
2000 Mazda Miata
Re: Please Explain "Novice" Classes? [message #117285 is a reply to message #117284] Fri, 04 December 2015 10:16 Go to previous message
JourdanWithaU is currently offline  JourdanWithaU   United States
Sixth Gear

Hmmm... This is where the Novice rules should be. http://www.sfr-solo.org/solo2/novicerules.html

But the page seems to be dead. And I don't see the rules on the new site.

IIRC, Novice is open to anyone with less than a year of AutoX experience with SFR.

There are two Novice classes is SFR, Novice and Novice Street. Both classes are limited to 200tw+ street tires are are indexed. Novice includes cars in Street Modified and Street Prepared. Novice Street includes cars in Street Touring and Street. Novice drivers will be competing againts other drivers within their Novice class.

Jourdan R.
2011 Subaru Impreza WRX
151 T2-ASP
Njenius Grafix
Lubrify Racing Fluids
Auto Innovations
RBMS Auto Care
GST Motorsports
Previous Topic: New from Cameron Park (east of Sac)
Next Topic: New to Bay Area, former SoCal-er
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 21 07:38:37 PDT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00857 seconds