Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » New to Autocross/New to the Forum » New from Cameron Park (east of Sac)
New from Cameron Park (east of Sac) [message #117232] Tue, 24 November 2015 15:44 Go to next message
MJinCP is currently offline  MJinCP   United States
First Gear

Hoping to run all the Saturday events in 2016. Not available on Sundays. Working on prepping my 2000 Miata for auto-x. Used to auto-x my 510 back in the late 70's - early 80's.

Planning on running the last event of the slush series on 12/5 at Marina as kinda of a shake down for me to get familiar with the event process. Car isn't ready, but it'll serve the purpose as it sits. Can someone tell me how to preregister and what the schedule is like for a typical event? Thanks very much. Looking forward to meeting some new racing pals. Smile

Mike

55 ES
2000 Mazda Miata
Re: New from Cameron Park (east of Sac) [message #117234 is a reply to message #117232] Wed, 25 November 2015 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Weinstein is currently offline  Joe Weinstein   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

The event will be available for registry via www.motorsportreg.com.
The typical schedule is that the setup crew hit the site by 7AM,
the course is done enough to walk it, maybe by 8AM, and the signup
table is also ready by then. Driver meeting 9-ish, then the first run.
Re: New from Cameron Park (east of Sac) [message #117235 is a reply to message #117234] Thu, 26 November 2015 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Pellow is currently offline  Dan Pellow   
Top Time of Day

Hi Mike,

Welcome! Here's a link to the section with schedules. I don't see any for 2016 yet. http://www.baautox.com/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=2 &rid=258

SFR had a few Saturday events this year as an experiment. I don't know yet if more will happen for 2016.

Sac Chapter SCCA and American Autocross Series (AAS) have Saturday and Sunday events all season long.

See you Dec 5th.

Dan

Dan Pellow
---------------
SFR Solo Chief of Safety

Image is property of Morris Minor Owners Club
Re: New from Cameron Park (east of Sac) [message #117275 is a reply to message #117235] Wed, 02 December 2015 19:59 Go to previous message
MJinCP is currently offline  MJinCP
First Gear

Registered, and looking forward to this Saturday's event (my first one). Hope to meet many of you. I know I'll be slow, but please, no pointing and laughing!

Mike

55 ES
2000 Mazda Miata
Previous Topic: New to the forum!
Next Topic: Please Explain "Novice" Classes?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 21 07:36:50 PDT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00842 seconds