Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Classifieds » Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :)
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115592 is a reply to message #115589] Thu, 14 May 2015 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Pellow is currently offline  Dan Pellow   
Top Time of Day

I sent Glenn a PM and he sent me a lot of information, with choices and prices accordingly. I now have the information to make choices about whether to buy this car, or another class of car or ??
Thank you Glenn. I have a lot of information to digest.

Dan Pellow
---------------
Image is property of Morris Minor Owners Club
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115595 is a reply to message #115592] Fri, 15 May 2015 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geewiz is currently offline  geewiz   
Third Gear

Dan, glad you have what you need to chew on Smile.

Jim, despite my extending Dan's digestion metaphor this ain't salad, it's a race car. And it's not an auction, I'm looking to place it with someone who will race it.

For anyone else interested: the price would be around or under $10K, depending upon a few choices around easily seperable (and usable with my other '99 miata, the STR car) components. See my reply to Dan above: Koni 28s? How many sets of wheels? Including the trailer? The car itself is priced so low that these items represent a large fraction of the total price.

Details available by pm, email, or phone; just not interested in diving a lot deeper in a forum pos.

-- Glenn

-- Glenn Ellingson, XP 17

[Updated on: Fri, 15 May 2015 10:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115596 is a reply to message #115595] Fri, 15 May 2015 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atcovan is currently offline  atcovan   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

I know a friend who may be interested, but the cryptic, "pm me" isn't easy. Matter of fact, he isn't part of this forum, so how is he to decide to pursue an interest if the seller cannot, or won't, divulge the price for everything offered? There's a car, 22 wheels, at least two sets of shocks and a trailer. How much for all of it? Going back to my salad example, a tomato is offered, but lettuce, ham and croutons are also available, but you need to guess what the total deal is worth. I've sold stuff here before, but in Dan's case, I didn't offer shop lights, then made him ask what the bulbs, wires and ballast transformers might go for.

Jim
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115599 is a reply to message #115596] Fri, 15 May 2015 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Impala SS AutocroSSer   
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

PM Glenn, get his off-forum contact info, done.

You're making this way too hard...

Ed Runnion

2016 Scion FR-S, SSC 116 "CU TGERS"
1996 Chevy Impala SS, CP 63 "T56 SS"

Former : HS Fiesta ST, DS/FS Genesis Coupe, STC Civic Si, STS Acura Integra, STX Subaru WRX Wagon
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115602 is a reply to message #115599] Fri, 15 May 2015 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atcovan is currently offline  atcovan   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Well, Ed, that's definitely the easy thing to do, but really, isn't pulling teeth much more entertaining? I will gladly help my friend contact Glenn, but also respect his (Glenn's) privacy. Thumb Up Very Happy

Jim
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115604 is a reply to message #115602] Fri, 15 May 2015 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mwood   United States
Top Time of Day

Jeez...just stop, already...please.

Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115605 is a reply to message #115604] Fri, 15 May 2015 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justint5387 is currently offline  justint5387   
Top Time of Day

Not sure why you need to keep jumping on this forum.

FSP #88 Mazda3
STX #88 v1 MS3, v2 E36, v3 BRZ
STU #88 370Z

Sandbagger #2
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115606 is a reply to message #115533] Fri, 15 May 2015 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysracin is currently offline  alwaysracin   United States
Fifth Gear

this is a good car and with a cheap engine, low boost it will still be insane.

If you want to let the twin screw go let me know.

Scott
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115607 is a reply to message #115606] Sat, 16 May 2015 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geewiz is currently offline  geewiz   
Third Gear

I'm not separating parts, Scott, but if someone wants to run this as a DP car or something then I'll send them to you to buy the twin screw setup. I've owned a turbo miata & driven many other turbocharged cars, and the twin screw is a LOT better for autocross or other precision driving. Just adds torque, no lag or uneven power delivery that can destabilize the car at the limit. That's why Fred Zust switched to a supercharger. It feels more like a v8 than a turbo miata.

And Andy McKee & Tom & Matt Ellam, if you are reading, I bow to you again for your incredible talent handling your turbocharged monsters Smile.

-- Glenn

-- Glenn Ellingson, XP 17
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115608 is a reply to message #115533] Sat, 16 May 2015 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
brmxr4ti is currently offline  brmxr4ti   United States
Top Time of Day

Well There's another person on my list, Dam!?

Ben

DSPXR4ti 2009 DSP National Champion
Previous Topic: 2002 Z06 for sale
Next Topic: 2005 C6 Corvette Z-51 Convertible, 6 Speed, $26,000.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jan 20 01:54:39 PST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01169 seconds