Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Classifieds » Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :)
Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115533] Mon, 11 May 2015 16:42 Go to next message
geewiz is currently offline  geewiz   
Third Gear

The green XP miata that many of you know from my driving it in the region over the last 10 years is looking for its next owner!

If you are interested drop me a line; if you know someone who might be interested please pass the word along.

Before anyone gets too excited I want to be very clear that the best feature of the car -- the engine -- is very emphatically NOT in working order. It seems that a rod let go and perforated the block. I have not disassembled the engine to assess damage, but assume it needs a complete new long block; any engine components that are salvagable will be a bonus. Things outside the engine itself (supercharger setup, ECU, driveline, suspension, etc.) remain in very good condition.

I have really enjoyed this car but I have too many toys & other distractions in my life right now... this isn't going to make it to the top of the list, which means this car will end up sitting in my garage for years before I get around to reassembling it and taking it back out. I would be happier if someone else were racing it.

I can advise anyone interested on what would be required to rebuild to the full 400hp setup, or options to rebuild more economically to a less insane but still supercharged power level. This would also be a great platform for a DP car for anyone who prefers their racecars underpowered Smile. Heck, swap in a $600 junkyard engine & run it that way (with or without the supercharger) while you build some crazy powerplant if you want to.

I know that I now have a race car that is not in race condition, and I think I'm pretty realistic about what that is worth -- try me Smile. What I am NOT going to is part the car out. That's more work than replacing the engine, and much less fun Wink. Buy the car & you can separate some parts if you want to; I won't.

Lots of details about the build & components available, of course, just ask!

-- Glenn (geewiz at gmail)

index.php?t=getfile&id=2920&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=2919&private=0

-- Glenn Ellingson, XP 17
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115547 is a reply to message #115533] Tue, 12 May 2015 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rubenpadron is currently offline  rubenpadron   
Fourth Gear
CONTRIBUTOR

Bump for a super awesome car that's a blast to drive!

Glenn, along with TC Design, did a ton of suspension and chassis (seam-welding & custom cage) work to make this a really great handling car.

As Glenn mentions, this car can be put back in running condition with a $600 junkyard engine. Just bolt on the existing ECU, exhaust, and supercharger and it's back to being a TTOD contender - no matter who shows up that day.

GLWS!

Ruben

Ruben
CSP Miata
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115549 is a reply to message #115547] Tue, 12 May 2015 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mwood   United States
Top Time of Day

Yep, awesome car...one of the most fun cars I've ever autocrossed...good memories. Smile

Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115555 is a reply to message #115549] Wed, 13 May 2015 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Pellow is currently offline  Dan Pellow   
Top Time of Day

How much?

Dan Pellow
---------------
Image is property of Morris Minor Owners Club
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115560 is a reply to message #115555] Wed, 13 May 2015 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
martamaus   
Second Gear

Really sad to see you are selling this. I'd be lying if i said i was not interested. Although I do enjoy being in a relationship and i'm pretty sure my partner has reached her limit for my Miata related expenses. GLWS! Great car great guy!

Antonio "Toni" Nava
11 Honda Fit
99 Mazda Miata
07 Gordon Setter
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115564 is a reply to message #115555] Wed, 13 May 2015 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geewiz is currently offline  geewiz   
Third Gear

Dan,

Price depends some upon options Smile.

(Like, how many of the 22 (I think) wheels do you want? With the Koni 28 shocks or the FCM shocks? With trailer or without?)

But will be more than fair. PM me if you want to discuss.

-- Glenn

-- Glenn Ellingson, XP 17
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115565 is a reply to message #115564] Thu, 14 May 2015 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atcovan is currently offline  atcovan   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Ever notice how grocery stores price everything from the prepared salads to the individual ingredients to make that salad? How about a price for the entire setup, then there's something prospective buyers can sink their teeth into, so to speak.

Jim
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115577 is a reply to message #115565] Thu, 14 May 2015 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RichJ is currently offline  RichJ   
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

How about people who are genuinely interested just PM for the price. It doesn't matter if you're not looking to buy.

Richard Jones
#67 FS
#192 SM
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115580 is a reply to message #115577] Thu, 14 May 2015 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rubenpadron is currently offline  rubenpadron   
Fourth Gear
CONTRIBUTOR

+1 on Rich's comment... there are a lot of angles to approach buying a car like this. Simply putting a price may not do it justice.

Having known Glenn for a VERY long time, he's easy to work with and I'm sure he'll work with folks that are truly interested to figure out something that works well for all involved.

GLWS!

Ruben

Ruben
CSP Miata
Re: Green XP miata for sale -- at least most of it :) [message #115589 is a reply to message #115580] Thu, 14 May 2015 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
atcovan is currently offline  atcovan   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Ahh, I see. A silent auction only for those who need to know.

Jim
Previous Topic: 2002 Z06 for sale
Next Topic: 2005 C6 Corvette Z-51 Convertible, 6 Speed, $26,000.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 13:03:10 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01348 seconds