Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » www.baautox.com » Suggestions » Walled SubForum (for club business discussions)
Walled SubForum [message #96896] Sun, 13 January 2013 11:47 Go to next message
Sean is currently offline  Sean   
Third Gear

We sometimes have discussions that maybe shouldn't be in a webcrawler's searchable space.
Discussions of club budgets, allocations of funds, site acquisition, etc. should really be behind a whitelist set of forum members.
This will allow convenient and open discussion without the concern that outside parties will be able to read our often incomplete thoughts..

I'd propose allowing anyone in that is recognized as a club member be allowed in. Those with their real names as userid or real names in their sigs.

If managing a whitelist is difficult.. so maybe just limit access to forum members. This would at least prevent search engines from indexing / caching these discussions.

-Sean

Re: Walled SubForum [message #96915 is a reply to message #96896] Mon, 14 January 2013 08:34 Go to previous message
gotzoom? is currently offline  gotzoom?   
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

It is possible to create a "private" forum that has a specific list of members smaller than everyone on the forum. Send me a pm with your proposal and I'll see about making it happen. I'll need to play around with it a bit to see exactly how it works, though. I haven't used this feature before in this use case.

Dave

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
85 Toyota Corolla GTS Drift Machine
72 Honda Z600 good FSP car?
Avitar credit: Zyrano
Previous Topic: Photos section
Next Topic: No need to click here...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 20:04:20 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00774 seconds