Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Classifieds » Pit Row - The D.I.Y. Auto Shop
Pit Row - The D.I.Y. Auto Shop [message #96668] Sat, 05 January 2013 12:15 Go to next message
Pit Row is currently offline  Pit Row
First Gear

Hi,

my name is Dennis and I just opened a Do-It-Yourself auto shop in Santa Clara, CA. It's a place where car enthusiasts can bring their vehicle and fix or tweak it themselves at very affordable rates.

We offer a professional work environment including lifts, industrial grade tools (one filled tool box for each lift plus specialty tools on demand), shop tools like a transmission jack, a drill press, a parts washer or a cherry picker and much much more.

As a part of an opening special we also offer complementary ALLDATA access where you can pull and print out all kinds of OEM repair manuals and information out of their database. Also we can order parts and have them shipped to the shop within 30-45 minutes max if available in stock.

Here is a link to our Yelp page for more information and pictures:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pit-row-santa-clara

I was wondering if this concept might be something for you guys, where you couldn't only fix your cars and have better and easier access from underneath and the sides of the vehicle, but this could also be a place for a "meet and greet" where a bunch of you came here as a group and helped each other out with advice and experience. I have 9 work bays with lifts available.

The opening special rate is currently $30 / hour plus $0.99 / hour shop supplies fee (which includes bolts, washers, rags, grease, anti-seize, zip ties and other consumables), but I would definitely be ready to cut forum members a little better deal here if they decided to come as a group and/or mention that you were part of this forum.

Please let me know if you have any feedback or questions, I would be happy to hear and answer them.

Thanks,
Dennis

Pit Row - The D.I.Y. Auto Shop
http://imageshack.us/a/img689/6086/pitrowlogofinal.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img339/8129/img1307nd.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img845/169/20121215142103.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img35/3395/20121215142157.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 14 August 2017 09:53] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Pit Row - The D.I.Y. Auto Shop [message #96676 is a reply to message #96668] Sat, 05 January 2013 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jayroddrumz is currently offline  jayroddrumz   United States
Sixth Gear

Looks pretty cool. I thought about doing something like this a while back when i saw one on an army base, but it was free for military. anyway the idea stuck. I hope it does well. Keep a good inventory on your tools! I'm sure they will grow legs.

Jason Rodriguez
Avatar phot credit. Paul Tibbels

Re: Pit Row - The D.I.Y. Auto Shop [message #96771 is a reply to message #96676] Tue, 08 January 2013 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GlenAnderson is currently offline  GlenAnderson   United States
Top Time of Day

does the shop have a dynamic balancer?
Re: Pit Row - The D.I.Y. Auto Shop [message #96776 is a reply to message #96771] Tue, 08 January 2013 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First Gear

@Jason:
Thanks for the feedback, highly appreciated.

@Glen:
No, unfortunately not. I wanted to start with a basic setup of machines that are gonna be used on a regular daily basis. Anything that is a little more "exotic" I might end up buying down the road when the demand is there and it also makes sense from a financial standpoint. You have to keep in mind that I don't charge extra for using any of the machines that I have in the shop right now!

But since you live in Santa Clara why don't you simply swing by when you have a little bit of time and check out the shop yourself? I am convinced you'll like it! And if there is any kind of machine work that needs to be done I have contact to a bunch of places where that can be outsourced to and machining can be done there.

Re: Pit Row - The D.I.Y. Auto Shop [message #96790 is a reply to message #96776] Wed, 09 January 2013 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peahioi is currently offline  Peahioi   United States
Sixth Gear

Hi Jason,

Does your "shop" have a good Engine hoist???
I have one but need to move it... For 'storage' consideration, it could be used by your shop & clients... (might sell it, too...)

Dave

Dave Henry
2001 Caterham SuperLight-R/V

Re: Pit Row - The D.I.Y. Auto Shop [message #96801 is a reply to message #96790] Wed, 09 January 2013 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First Gear

Hi Dave,

I have a cherry picker, yes. If you want to bring yours and store it here for a while that's not a problem. I still have some room for additional tools and equipment. Just swing by at the shop and we can talk about it. Thanks.

Dennis

Re: Pit Row - The D.I.Y. Auto Shop [message #96842 is a reply to message #96801] Thu, 10 January 2013 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GlenAnderson is currently offline  GlenAnderson   United States
Top Time of Day

Dennis, I will swing by and check it out some time... My gym is right around the corner and office is down the street.

This would have been useful to do a clutch last weekend
Re: Pit Row - The D.I.Y. Auto Shop [message #99338 is a reply to message #96842] Tue, 02 April 2013 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mwood   
Top Time of Day

The Sunbeam Tiger club held an event at Pit Row last Saturday. Given I wanted to check out what Dennis' has going on, I made it down there...

Really nice facility. Plenty of lifts, all the tools you could possibly need for most any job. I was impressed with the set up.

If I was doing a suspension install, clutch job etc and didn't already have a lift/tools, the cost for access to Pit Row would be well worth it, IMHO. Smile

Re: Pit Row - The D.I.Y. Auto Shop [message #99719 is a reply to message #99338] Thu, 18 April 2013 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norcalmike is currently offline  norcalmike
First Gear

I just did my conrol arm bushings at a similar place in Fremont. Wish I saw this sooner. Your facility is a lot bigger, and closer to me. Im gonna have to come check you out soon!

2001 330ci
Re: Pit Row - The D.I.Y. Auto Shop [message #113678 is a reply to message #99719] Wed, 11 February 2015 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Alexdesignz is currently offline  Alexdesignz
Second Gear

I did half of my bushings at Pit-row. Had a great experience.
Previous Topic: FS: 2010 Mini Cooper S
Next Topic: SOLD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 07 23:36:50 PDT 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01275 seconds