Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » General Autocross Discussion » Best Locations in Norcal (for an Autocross)
Best Locations in Norcal [message #80067] Thu, 09 June 2011 16:14 Go to next message
Stroker396 is currently offline  Stroker396
First Gear

Hello, I host LA Invasion and I am planning to add an Autocross to it next year for sure. Right now I am putting together a Norcal Invasion at Sacramento Raceway and I am looking for locations to host an Autocross as well.

So far I have been told the Stockton fairgrounds but that is an hour south are there any locations closer where they can be held closer to Sacramento?

Thanks
Re: Best Locations in Norcal [message #80070 is a reply to message #80067] Thu, 09 June 2011 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr.parker is currently offline  mr.parker   United States
Third Gear

Mather is super close to the raceway, probably 5 minutes. What is norcal invasion?
Re: Best Locations in Norcal [message #80073 is a reply to message #80070] Thu, 09 June 2011 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
racer X   United States
Top Time of Day

Mather will be a hard sell, We atthis point have to beg to get in...

Doug Hubbard
Chapter Executive
Sacramento Chapter
# 195 BS '89 Corvette
Shriner's Children's Hospital of Sacramento
Re: Best Locations in Norcal [message #80112 is a reply to message #80073] Fri, 10 June 2011 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
semclane is currently offline  semclane   United States
Third Gear

Per GOOGLE there seems to be multiple "activities" tagged LA Invasion. Most relevant appear to be a drag racing/car show group, which is all well and good, but nothing pops out to give an idea of how they do autocross events. Maybe something like the funky little "autocross" the Good Guys tried to put on at the Pleasanton Fairgrounds a couple of weeks ago. Given the difficulty we have getting and keeping sites we should know a lot more about them before offering up any of our sites. Do they have and enforce sound limits? Do they have and enforce adequate safety regulations? Do they have adequate insurance? Etc. Turning a bunch of unmuffled drag cars with wheelie bars (check out http://htarchive.org/showthread.php?p=45381247) loose on an autocross site may be asking to get US booted. Just saying'......

Sterling
Re: Best Locations in Norcal [message #80115 is a reply to message #80112] Fri, 10 June 2011 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr.parker is currently offline  mr.parker   United States
Third Gear

I'm with you in that regard, just answering a question.
Re: Best Locations in Norcal [message #80124 is a reply to message #80115] Sat, 11 June 2011 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mwood   United States
Top Time of Day

I know we're all a little sensitive after those knucklehead drifters caused issues at GA, but these aren't really "our" sites, they're rented at the discretion of the owners. And their existence is known in the public domain.

So, maybe giving the OP some insight into what we need to do to keep a site, i.e. all the things mentioned, is helpful, if (end of day) the site operator sees "invasions" money as green as anyone else's?

Having said that, a one time user may not have the same level of diligence in adhering to the site owner's rules/regs...maybe one of our reps paves the way with the site manager to make them aware of this fact?

Re: Best Locations in Norcal [message #80128 is a reply to message #80124] Sat, 11 June 2011 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BRIAN is currently offline  BRIAN   United States
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD CONTRIBUTOR

I agree with with Mike, these are not our sites. The guy did the smart thing and came to a good source to get info. We should do what we can to help.
Its a bummer that Sac raceway isnt set up for autox. Whst is the story with Cal Expo?

Brian Jacobson
98 ESP SS Camaro #3
75 CP Monza (under construction)
Re: Best Locations in Norcal [message #80136 is a reply to message #80128] Sat, 11 June 2011 14:29 Go to previous message
atcovan is currently offline  atcovan   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Well Brian, depending upon who's story you want to believe, Cal Expo was not pleased with an event in which 2 cars went through their cyclone fence, racing over freshly painted handicap parking spaces, loud PA system which bother the condos across the street, someone bitching that the restrooms weren't open, etc. I believe the main reason is they can get better than 10x more rent from RV shows and used car tent sales.

Jim
Previous Topic: 2011 SCCA SoPac Divisional - 6/24 - 6/26 @ El Toro
Next Topic: SCCA membership card didn't come in time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 27 15:42:51 PDT 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01192 seconds