Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Northern California Events » Round 7 was a good course!
Re: Round 7 was a good course! [message #79857 is a reply to message #79804] Mon, 06 June 2011 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WRX Wizard is currently offline  WRX Wizard   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

I hope Daniel brings the Tesla back because I would like to see how well it autocrosses with an experienced driver. I would volunteer, but I was thinking Daniel getting more experience Very Happy
Mark

1990 Van Diemen, the Racing Machine, CM
You can try to make a street car into an autocrosser or you can do a lot less work to make a race car into a great autocrosser.
Re: Round 7 was a good course! [message #79860 is a reply to message #79857] Mon, 06 June 2011 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A.Kang is currently offline  A.Kang   United States
Fourth Gear

Thanks everyone!

I just gotta say, that the course was legal according to the rules. That is all. LOL

The only two courses I've ever made were on the North lot of Oakland, and it is a SICK lot!
Thanks Bryan for scouting out the place before the event!

-Alex
2003 MR-2 Spyder (E-Street) #96
Re: Round 7 was a good course! [message #79863 is a reply to message #79856] Mon, 06 June 2011 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everbruin is currently offline  everbruin   
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

good catch, my typo when i tried fixing shifted results sorry!
i kept rg 3 result printouts before the screwup and will email photo to pat and you on your 42.442, not 44.442

WRX Wizard wrote on Mon, 06 June 2011 07:59

Results seem to show that I coned on my last run, but one is not listed in the results. Does anyone from the motor home round 3 remember?
Mark

-An; str 95 m3
http://lh4.ggpht.com/everbruin/SJk0MZaxxMI/AAAAAAAABDY/y3789jgyezY/s144/avat160.jpg
Re: Round 7 was a good course! [message #79877 is a reply to message #79831] Mon, 06 June 2011 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zach is currently offline  Zach   United States
Third Gear

mwood wrote on Sun, 05 June 2011 20:35
Thanks, Chris, but, I only got to a 41.4 in comp runs...took me a couple of fun runs to get to the mid 40's, so it doesn't count...but, it still makes me feel I'm taking the car in the right direction! Smile

Dang Mike! That is fast! You would have been at or near top pax if you could have done that in your competition runs, in a *very* underprepared car. This is definitely an encouraging result for the sleeper MRS in STR. Smile

Zach Heidepriem
ES Miata
Re: Round 7 was a good course! [message #79879 is a reply to message #79877] Mon, 06 June 2011 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uber Deaf One is currently offline  Uber Deaf One   United States
First Gear

Didn't come out since the weather forecast was showing rain in the afternoon.... which never came. We'll be there next weekend though Smile
Re: Round 7 was a good course! [message #79880 is a reply to message #79879] Mon, 06 June 2011 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Weinstein is currently offline  Joe Weinstein   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Uber Deaf One wrote on Mon, 06 June 2011 13:02
Didn't come out since the weather forecast was showing rain in the afternoon.... which never came. We'll be there next weekend though Smile

Yep. I got my one run on some 4-year-old street tires I'd
hurriedly mounted on my rain wheels... Surprised
Re: Round 7 was a good course! [message #80362 is a reply to message #79880] Tue, 14 June 2011 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neal_challenger is currently offline  neal_challenger   United States
Third Gear

I really enjoyed the course as well. Especially the drag start. I realize that I'm new, but it seems to me that quite often at SFR events we see features that favor Miatas more than Mustangs. It's nice to see the opposite occasionally. I'm not sure how other courses nationally look compared to ours, but I know that AAS courses, for example, look very different from SFR courses. Just curious, but how tight/fast are SFR courses compared to the average SCCA course? Has anybody ever tried to figure out an "SFR only" PAX? If drag starts are common nationally, then we should either do them OR recognize that we're not using something that helps certain cars' PAX numbers and try to include something to make up for that.

Re: Round 7 was a good course! [message #80364 is a reply to message #80362] Tue, 14 June 2011 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pat Kelly is currently offline  Pat Kelly   United States
Top Time of Day

I totally agree with you! The drag race start was unusual, because that kind of start is hard on drivetrains. Round 7's course was just plain fun, with plenty of room for large cars. Wish we had more of those. But we rely on volunteers who don't always get that picture.
--Pat K
Re: Round 7 was a good course! [message #80379 is a reply to message #80362] Wed, 15 June 2011 00:09 Go to previous message
everbruin is currently offline  everbruin   
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

i can tell you bmwggc and pcaggr have had tight courses in the last yr.
generally i wouldn't say sfr courses are tight.
it's impractical to figure out the avg scca course; it's a big country w/ all sorts of venues!
as for sac scca, when i ran at stockton and mather i'd say courses were in the same ballpark as sfr.

you can see lots of clubs' courses on my videos; i think i've run most/all venues available in the area the past 5 yrs. i unposted lots of old videos but can reupload if you need to see a certain venue not currently shown:
http://www.youtube.com/user/everbruin#p/u
http://vimeo.com/user420950/videos

neal_challenger wrote on Tue, 14 June 2011 21:03
I really enjoyed the course as well. Especially the drag start. I realize that I'm new, but it seems to me that quite often at SFR events we see features that favor Miatas more than Mustangs. It's nice to see the opposite occasionally. I'm not sure how other courses nationally look compared to ours, but I know that AAS courses, for example, look very different from SFR courses. Just curious, but how tight/fast are SFR courses compared to the average SCCA course?

-An; str 95 m3
http://lh4.ggpht.com/everbruin/SJk0MZaxxMI/AAAAAAAABDY/y3789jgyezY/s144/avat160.jpg
Previous Topic: sfr 8 thanks
Next Topic: If Evo wanted to put on another school...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 14 10:24:10 PST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02897 seconds