Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Classifieds » FS: 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
Re: FS: 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 [message #74045 is a reply to message #44902] Sun, 05 December 2010 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tjZ06 is currently offline  tjZ06   United States
Top PAX

You two are making me want to keep it and build it to DSP-spec, lol. If any potential DSP'ers didn't read the whole thread it has a fully built trans and t-case with stock gearing (I believe required for *SP) and a Cusco LSD that will be necessary to be competitive in DSP.

-TJ
Re: FS: 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 [message #74114 is a reply to message #74045] Mon, 06 December 2010 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atcovan is currently offline  atcovan   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Obviously, now's not a great time for selling anything. I'd seriously consider storing this car for as many years as it took to come back into value. As it sits, fried computer and not a runner, only a select few really know what it's potential value is. Fix it, make it run, then keep it pristine for a few years. It's not as if you're really hurting for a couple thou. In time it could bring quite a nice sum.

Jim
Re: FS: 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 [message #74175 is a reply to message #44902] Tue, 07 December 2010 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirage is currently offline  mirage   United States
First Gear

who is that handsome devil flipping you off? boy you must have done something to annoy him like make him push your car onto the trailer
Re: FS: 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 [message #78336 is a reply to message #74175] Fri, 22 April 2011 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tjZ06 is currently offline  tjZ06   Satellite Provider
Top PAX

Okay folks, the car is all together as a running, driving car and JUST PASSED SOMG. I have my office getting the registration current (I'm currently overseas on business) so the car will be officially up for sale as a complete, registered, smogged, drivable car soon!!!!! However, the car is not 100% ready for daily driver or racing duties yet. Here are the outstanding items, I have chosen not to fix these yet to keep the price as low as possible. If it doesn't sell by the time I get home I'll do these as well.

• Needs Pads/Rotors - The car has sat for years and years now. The rotors are rusted beyond where I'd personally try to save them. You probably could have them cut but I'd just put new ones on myself. Of course, you could also reuse the pads but obviously I'd recommend fresh pads at the same time. I've held off on this one since there are so many options. If you're just going to daily drive it you might want whatever is cheapest. But if you plan to AutoX it on the weekends you might want something more aggressive. FWIW my buddy found all four rotors/pads for ~$250.
  • Needs Tires - They are rock-hard and might be older than some of the members or this board. They will do for a while and have a legal amount of tread but they have no grip. Again, one that I wanted to wait on as an AutoX'er is going to want something different than a commuter. Some buyers might want to put different rims on it anyway. The nice thing is that tirerack has stock sized tires brand new from $236 for all 4.
  • Driveshaft could use a rebuild - Nothing much to say here other than it's good enough for now, but it really should be rebuilt before racing or putting any serious miles on it.

All of the recent work was done by my friend ran the restoration and repair side of Specialty Automotive until the entire place closed (hard times for a boutique car dealership). Off the top of my head, the following have been replaced recently:
  • Cat
  • PCM - "rebuilt" PCM with all new Caps (notorious for failing on these cars) and socketed with a removable/reburnable chip should you decide to mod/tune it!
  • Idle Speed Controller
  • Clutch
  • Rebuilt front Half Shafts
  • Timing Cover
  • Spark Plug Cover
  • A Plethora of Sensors it needed

Basically we replaced anything that we saw that needed it (with the 3 exceptions above) as we went through the car.

-TJ

[Updated on: Fri, 22 April 2011 00:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FS: 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 [message #78347 is a reply to message #78336] Fri, 22 April 2011 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tigermack is currently offline  tigermack   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Ah, so no price now...

Mack Tsang
13 BRZ #188
05 Mazda3 FSP #188 - retired
prevs. 07 Mazdaspeed & 95 BMW STX #188

http://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack

Sandbagger #1
Re: FS: 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 [message #78364 is a reply to message #78347] Sat, 23 April 2011 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tjZ06 is currently offline  tjZ06   Satellite Provider
Top PAX

tigermack wrote on Fri, 22 April 2011 12:24
Ah, so no price now...

Make me an offer! Wink

Like I said, my office is currently working on registering it for me. How much I have to spend there will influence the price some. I will say this, all I'm looking to do is recover some costs here, not make any money. Forgetting about what I paid for the car, and the hundreds and hundreds I've spent at other shops that didn't get the job done here's what I have into it recently:
  • $3,000 - trans/tcase/LSD
  • $250 - PCM
  • $450 - ISC and a bunch of other sensors + labor
  • $250 - Smog + labor to fix vacuum issues THIS WAS NOT A BACK-DOOR WINK WINK ILLEGAL SMOG! THE CAR PASSED SMOG 100% ON THE UP AND UP AND LEGIT. THE EXTRA $ WAS TO REPAIR SOME VACUUM ISSUES THAT WERE CAUSING IT TO NOT PASS. THE CAR PASSES SMOG ENTIRELY ON ITS OWN NOW WITHOUT ANY "HELP."
  • #$$$ - Clutch, half shafts and bunch of previous labor

So, that is around $3950. I'll set the price completed, smogged and registered at $5k which only begins to cover the other "unknown" stuff and still unknown DMV fees, but doesn't even cover what I originally paid for the car. I'm not trying to get rich off this car, nor am I really hurting for the $ but it's a shame for the car to just sit around - especially when it could be such a cool daily driver/DSP rig for somebody and is so rare (especially in this condition).

-TJ

[Updated on: Sat, 23 April 2011 00:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FS: 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 [message #80016 is a reply to message #44902] Wed, 08 June 2011 13:23 Go to previous message
chrisw is currently offline  chrisw   United States
Fourth Gear

Still for sale? I sent you a PM with my number.

Previous Topic: FS brand new set kumho v710 285/30/18 (GONE...THANKS KARLTON..!)
Next Topic: FS: New RE-01Rs mounted on BMW DSIIs SOLD!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jan 21 06:42:19 PST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01636 seconds