Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Northern California Events » Rnd 6 - Call for workers! (EVENT CANCELLED) (04/17/2011)
Re: Rnd 6 - Call for workers! (EVENT CANCELLED) [message #78066 is a reply to message #78065] Thu, 14 April 2011 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pat Kelly is currently offline  Pat Kelly   United States
Top Time of Day

BryanH wrote on Thu, 14 April 2011 20:35
Disappointed to hear this. I was planning on coming out this weekend too. Are we the only group using that lot who have sound limits? I assume the details of our sound policy have been discussed with the powers that be.

Sometimes, Bryan, it's not engine noise, but tire noise. I'm hoping we can successfully fight city hall, like we did for GGF. That is a lot of work.
--Pat K
Re: Rnd 6 - Call for workers! (EVENT CANCELLED) [message #78075 is a reply to message #78066] Thu, 14 April 2011 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everbruin is currently offline  everbruin   
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

wow, the letter went from noise to peace and safety:
"This is a peaceful community on the north side the increasing traffic in that parking lot also makes the levee feel unsafe for families using it during these times. Help us keep our community safe.

-An; str 95 m3
http://lh4.ggpht.com/everbruin/SJk0MZaxxMI/AAAAAAAABDY/y3789jgyezY/s144/avat160.jpg
Re: Rnd 6 - Call for workers! (EVENT CANCELLED) [message #78076 is a reply to message #78066] Thu, 14 April 2011 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GlenAnderson is currently offline  GlenAnderson   
Top Time of Day

Great America is currently fighting for Auto-X events to be allowed, but the drift events there have generated a lot of complaints, so it is an uphill battle.
Re: Rnd 6 - Call for workers! (EVENT CANCELLED) [message #78078 is a reply to message #78076] Thu, 14 April 2011 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UCDCelica is currently offline  UCDCelica   
Fourth Gear

It's not over yet guys. This event will not happen, but the city is being generally cooperative with getting us back in. The problem is that when the site became available, it was basically open to all clubs. Think of this as growing pains. If we can get conditional use permits for the clubs that will be good neighbors, this is a good thing. The city likes us and so does GA. We just didn't have time between the last event held by noisy people and our event to get all of the ducks in a row. We are working on it, and are feeling pretty positive about the site as a whole.

Definitely no reason for any mass hysteria or anything yet Smile
Re: Rnd 6 - Call for workers! (EVENT CANCELLED) [message #78083 is a reply to message #78078] Fri, 15 April 2011 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benny_ng is currently offline  benny_ng   United States
Top Time of Day
FORUM SPONSOR

UCDCelica wrote on Thu, 14 April 2011 23:09
Definitely no reason for any mass hysteria or anything yet Smile

Don't know why, but I immediately thought of this when you said no reason for mass hysteria.

ahhh, the atmosphere, ahhhh

Benny
http://Lubrify.com | Racing Fluids - motul, eneos, AMSOIL, RedLine, swepco Total & Torco Fuels

Craftwerx Concepts, Genitrix Motorsports, Radix Motorsports

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2011 00:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Rnd 6 - Call for workers! (EVENT CANCELLED) [message #78086 is a reply to message #78083] Fri, 15 April 2011 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anthony Tabacco is currently offline  Anthony Tabacco   United States
Fourth Gear

One thing I would like to stress because this is a public forum, is that everyone should refrain from taking any unilateral action to "help the situation out".

The responsible users of GA have in Megan a very effective conduit to help the City respond to the public complaints other users have generated, and the autox community needs to speak with one voice.

The SCCA, AAS, Triumph Travellers, and the Evo School will all need to work together to accomplish this. There is no upside for any public official to push back against any real concerns - and as that letter indicates, these are real concerns - by their own public, so a reasonable, coherent, and unified response will be our one-time chance to maintain use of this site.

Tony
Re: Rnd 6 - Call for workers! (EVENT CANCELLED) [message #78093 is a reply to message #78086] Fri, 15 April 2011 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
walk   United States
Top Time of Day

The letter mentions saturdays and weeknights, hopefully we can make them aware the complaints are not caused by us. You can also remind them that our events bring in people from all over the bay area who buy food and gas at the local facilities and the divisional brought people from out of state who utilized the local hotels, etc..

I really have to wonder how these people are going to deal with 50,000 football fans tailgating in that parking lot starting about at 7am every other Sunday after the new stadium is built there (if it is built, personally I still hope they will keep the team in SF!!) Cool

Anyway, yet another reason to start getting serious about sound enforcement.

Jeff W.
1994 Miata #94 E/Street
Re: Rnd 6 - Call for workers! (EVENT CANCELLED) [message #78112 is a reply to message #78093] Fri, 15 April 2011 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
macr88 is currently offline  macr88   
Fourth Gear
CONTRIBUTOR

Simply amazing is all I'll say due to Tonys post.

I was also looking forward to this event Sad

-mac-
Re: Rnd 6 - Call for workers! (EVENT CANCELLED) [message #78121 is a reply to message #78093] Fri, 15 April 2011 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atcovan is currently offline  atcovan   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

walk wrote on Fri, 15 April 2011 09:57

Anyway, yet another reason to start getting serious about sound enforcement.

Also reason the "street tires" should be banned, as they're to damn loud. R-Comps all the way!! Besides, going fast is fun. Nod

Jim
Re: Rnd 6 - Call for workers! (EVENT CANCELLED) [message #78122 is a reply to message #78086] Fri, 15 April 2011 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
atcovan is currently offline  atcovan   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Anthony Tabacco wrote on Fri, 15 April 2011 06:43
One thing I would like to stress because this is a public forum, is that everyone should refrain from taking any unilateral action to "help the situation out".

The responsible users of GA have in Megan a very effective conduit to help the City respond to the public complaints other users have generated, and the autox community needs to speak with one voice.

The SCCA, AAS, Triumph Travellers, and the Evo School will all need to work together to accomplish this. There is no upside for any public official to push back against any real concerns - and as that letter indicates, these are real concerns - by their own public, so a reasonable, coherent, and unified response will be our one-time chance to maintain use of this site.

Tony
It wouldn't hurt to have a serious talk with the drifter crowd. They are probably the loudest users and annoy everyone. As far as city officials, they don't need us or really want us... we're just another nuisance to deal with.

Jim
Previous Topic: "Why should I take an Evo School?"
Next Topic: BMW CCA GGC - 2011 Schedule
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jan 21 05:46:53 PST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01829 seconds