Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Drifting » ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21
ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48574] Wed, 20 May 2009 11:25 Go to next message
ConePirate is currently offline  ConePirate   United States
Second Gear

http://www.laboratory17.com/tdrd3.jpg

HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Are you ready for ROUND 3 ACTION???? I know I am. We've got all the fun factors you've grown to expect from the comp series ready to go... WITH AWESOME ADDITIONS! We're talkin Bra-Snatch, Pinata Smash, Dirty Apple-Bobbing, ETC!
And it's SATURDAY PRACTICE, SUNDAY COMP just like the rest of them!

Limitless Motorsports will be putting up an awesome prize again... Stay tuned for WHAT IT WILL BE Smile

For those of you who don't already know, here's how we're doing it:
Practice all morning, comp starts around lunchtime. 1st elimination is 3-runs each, 2nd elimination and on are 2-runs each. The actual group breakdown will depend on how many participants we have.

REMEMBER! if you haven't competed at all yet, it's still not too late for you to collect enough points by the end to finish well overall! Each event you miss will make it much harder to regain points though, so if you're going to at all... jump in now! Also, for those of you who ran in round1 and didn't make it to round2... come back! you've already got points that could add up to a season-championship trophy!

There's been some confusion amongst the community about this comp series' final round... Just to clarify, the final round of this series will NOT be held on the full track. Round6 November is the FINAL ROUND

Oh and for those of you who don't want to compete, Saturday will be an open practice day just like any other TD event.

Entry Fee is $100 per driver, per day pre registered. $120 if you don't pre-register.

Spectators are $5 (Enjoy our new grandstand location!)

Passengers are $15

PRE-REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY FOR COMPETING DRIVERS!

<3

and in case you missed it, SATURDAY PRACTICE, SUNDAY COMP, like usual

www.Thunderdrift.com - 530.559.2554 - info@thunderdrift.com
FBG€ PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE Better Drifting For Norcal Drifting Better and Sexier Coalition

[Updated on: Wed, 20 May 2009 11:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48595 is a reply to message #48574] Wed, 20 May 2009 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gotzoom? is currently offline  gotzoom?   United States
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

Dah! It figures that I'll be out of town that weekend. Mad

Is any kind of instruction available for a first timer? I've been thinking about doing one of these now that I have an AE86. Razz

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
85 Toyota Corolla GTS Drift Machine
72 Honda Z600 good FSP car?
Avitar credit: Zyrano
Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48602 is a reply to message #48595] Thu, 21 May 2009 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solonut is currently offline  solonut   United States
Top Time of Day

gotzoom? wrote on Wed, 20 May 2009 23:39

Dah! It figures that I'll be out of town that weekend. Mad

Is any kind of instruction available for a first timer? I've been thinking about doing one of these now that I have an AE86. Razz

Dave, If you start drifting the corolla I have the perfect team name......P.W.B.R (pastey white boy racing) Laughing

Any bad day of racing is better than a good day @ work
Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48605 is a reply to message #48574] Thu, 21 May 2009 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

I've already asked to join the Akina Speedstars team Laughing

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48606 is a reply to message #48574] Thu, 21 May 2009 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Second Gear

it's okay man, we're both pasty white guys drifting corollas haha.

If you come on saturday, it's an open practice day and you'll have plenty of time to learn. July's event will be "instructional" but we really don't have the instruction organized and formal yet. Right now, we generally have a pro or two hanging around who'd be happy to jump in the car with you, let you jump in the car with them, or just talk about theory. Also, similarly to autocross, EVERYONE who comes to my events is nice and willing to help out a fellow driver. If it's your first time, don't worry, you'll be taken under someone's wing.

FBG€ PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE Better Drifting For Norcal Drifting Better and Sexier Coalition
Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48608 is a reply to message #48574] Thu, 21 May 2009 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

Sounds good. I just checked your event schedule and it looks like the earliest event that I can attend will be the August 15/16 one. Do you expect the entry fee to be the same as this event? Is the entry fee for both days or per day?

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48610 is a reply to message #48574] Thu, 21 May 2009 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balmo is currently offline  balmo   United States
Third Gear

Dave, you've taught me some good points in autox. I can be you personal instructor at drifting. Thumb Up 100 bucks is for one day.

Geoff, i know its a stretch but let me see how it sits with my fiancee if we got to thunderhill right after the ae86 drift comp at willow springs at saturday. man, that would be epic: drifting @ willow springs saturday, drifting at thunderhill sunday!

pic by Mark M.
Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48611 is a reply to message #48574] Thu, 21 May 2009 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solonut is currently offline  solonut   United States
Top Time of Day

Dont forget Geoff....I've known you since you were a pasty white teenager rocking that sharp Honda....... Razz

Any bad day of racing is better than a good day @ work

[Updated on: Thu, 21 May 2009 10:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48612 is a reply to message #48574] Thu, 21 May 2009 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

Oh cool! I'll definitely take you up on that offer, Paul. Thanks for the info, guys.

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
Re: ThunderDrift ROUND3! 6/21 [message #48615 is a reply to message #48610] Thu, 21 May 2009 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Second Gear

balmo wrote on Thu, 21 May 2009 10:13

Dave, you've taught me some good points in autox. I can be you personal instructor at drifting. Thumb Up 100 bucks is for one day.

Geoff, i know its a stretch but let me see how it sits with my fiancee if we got to thunderhill right after the ae86 drift comp at willow springs at saturday. man, that would be epic: drifting @ willow springs saturday, drifting at thunderhill sunday!

Yeah Paul that sounds crazy! I'm REALLY jealous that you're going to the All-Corolla event, I wanted to go to that event SOOOO bad... even if it was just to watch.

SOLONUT! you remember me from the reno-region autocross days??? wow! cool! who are you? I sure miss that... well, not the car...

Previous Topic: Fresno SCCA Practice Drift
Next Topic: Thunderhill Fulltrack Drift/Grip
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jan 16 09:04:07 PST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01068 seconds