Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Racing Chart Forum » Racing Chart - General Discussion » What is RacingChart.com
icon14.gif  What is RacingChart.com [message #46970] Wed, 15 April 2009 08:45 Go to next message
reza is currently offline  reza   United States
Fifth Gear

Hi Guys,

Welcome to the forum section for RacingChart.com.
Thank you to Dave for hosting this forum.
This forum will allow you to ask questions, ask for technical help, discuss feature requests, and you are welcome to bench race on data.

What is RacingChart.com?
RacingChart.com is an online application to allow you post your GPS datalog and do various technical analysis with it.

Why use RacingChart.com?
We have been using MaxQData last year to do direct comparison between the driver and co-driver. You can do analysis on the grid with a Pockect PC device or after the race by using the provided free Chart software from MaxQData. The problem is we are limited to data from both of us, and there are many other faster drive out there that you want to compare to. Thus we started this website to facilitate that.
If you have data, please upload it here, and let others review and learn from your runs.

What kind of datalog?
Currently it can support only GPS datalog and currently limited to MaxQData, since we only have access to MaxQData. If you have another GPS datalog device, please contact us.
The import file type is limited to CSV format since we cannot read the MQD files. You have to use the Export function from MaxQData Chart software. This will generate the proper format to process.

Where is the website?
http://www.RacingChart.com

Do I need an account?
You need to register to upload data.

How to upload?
1. Login to the website.
2. Browse to your prepared CSV file.
3. Click on Upload button.
4. Select existing event, or add new event.
5. Type in description.
6. Select OK, you are done.

How to prepare the CSV file?
1. Open Chart software from MaxQData
2. Load your run.
3. File --> Export
4. Select CSV format, select your run.
5. Click on Export.

I think that is all for now. Please post any questions you have.
Thank you for using the site.
Re: What is RacingChart.com [message #62039 is a reply to message #46970] Tue, 16 March 2010 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geewiz is currently offline  geewiz   United States
Third Gear

Reza (or others),

Looks like this site isn't active right now (503 - service not available).

Temporary glitch, or no longer going to be doing this?

I finally got my new maxq so I'm getting usable data again. I'd be happy to post it up, and interested to compare with other street tire drivers to see how close -- or not -- my setup is to what other people are achieving.

(E.g. the highest instant lateral Gs recorded last weekend @ Oakland was 1.25; 1.19 or so was a lot more frequent; is that comparable to other good ST/STS/STR cars? I don't know!)

- Glenn

-- Glenn Ellingson, XP 17
Re: What is RacingChart.com [message #62040 is a reply to message #46970] Tue, 16 March 2010 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everbruin is currently offline  everbruin   
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

saw that error last night, then it vanished and came back today.
yes those g's are comparable, but be wary of value spikes that may be bogus

-An; str 95 m3
http://lh4.ggpht.com/everbruin/SJk0MZaxxMI/AAAAAAAABDY/y3789jgyezY/s144/avat160.jpg
Re: What is RacingChart.com [message #62063 is a reply to message #46970] Tue, 16 March 2010 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reza is currently offline  reza   United States
Fifth Gear

yes, we notice that it was slow last night as I was uploading it. Then we restarted some of the services. I guess something breaks.
Re: What is RacingChart.com [message #63617 is a reply to message #46970] Fri, 16 April 2010 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everbruin is currently offline  everbruin   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

reza can you update first post to say traqmate is also supported? thanks

-An; str 95 m3
http://lh4.ggpht.com/everbruin/SJk0MZaxxMI/AAAAAAAABDY/y3789jgyezY/s144/avat160.jpg
Re: What is RacingChart.com [message #76351 is a reply to message #63617] Mon, 21 February 2011 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sl951 is currently offline  sl951   United States
First Gear

Is this site supported anymore.. website seems to be down when uploading or editing..
Re: What is RacingChart.com [message #76389 is a reply to message #76351] Tue, 22 February 2011 08:28 Go to previous message
Mike_k is currently offline  Mike_k   United States
First Gear

I had no problems.

Mike Kazmeriyacajack
Previous Topic: File Format for RacingChart.com
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Nov 21 05:08:28 PST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01264 seconds