Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Photos and Videos » New photo forum
New photo forum [message #1823] Tue, 21 February 2006 13:04 Go to next message
gotzoom? is currently offline  gotzoom?   United States
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

By popular demand, here's a place to post photos. The idea is for the photos to be event related. Mods will be only the lookout for nude bits, so you are warned Very Happy

There are some limitations and also some protection for those that don't want to wait for days for a thread to open.

There is a 2MB (2048KB) filesize limitation, per attachment. If your pic is larger than 2MB, you will need to scale it down. A vast majority of people will not have the ability to look at an unscaled photo larger than 1024X768, so I recommend that you scale your images to be no larger than 1024X768, even though the forum will accept larger images.

There is a limit of one attachment per post. If you have multiple pictures, just reply to your original thread to post additional pictures.

There is a limit of 2MB per page displayed. This means that you will see a link to view the rest of the thread if there are more than 2MB of pictures in a particular thread.

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
85 Toyota Corolla GTS Drift Machine
72 Honda Z600 good FSP car?
Avitar credit: Zyrano

[Updated on: Tue, 21 February 2006 23:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New photo forum [message #1853 is a reply to message #1823] Wed, 22 February 2006 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

I decided to test posting a large ~2mb picture and my browser (Firefox) did not scale the image, so you had to pan/scan to be able to see it. I have since scaled the image down to 1024x768 and it looks normal now. So, I recommend that you scale your images before posting. The size is up to you, but I feel that 1280x1024 is the largest that makes practical sense. If it's a really cool pic and you want people to download the large orginal, you can always post a reply and up it as an attachment without clickicking the link to show the picture inline.

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
Re: New photo forum [message #12288 is a reply to message #1823] Tue, 13 February 2007 21:27 Go to previous message
Top Time of Day
Forum GOD

All Photographers:
First off, thanks for posting your work. I definitely look forward to looking at your work after each event, and I think that most of us do.

Amateur photographers:
Please indicate on your post(s,) your website and/or the individual photos, if you have any restrictions of what people may or may not do with your work. These can be things like "you may not sell any of my work," "you may not modify my work in any way," or any other restriction that you would like. We will consider your work "public domain," and it will be up to you to report misuse of your work to the forum moderators. There is a "report to moderator" button on every post.

Professional photographers:
If you intend to charge money for your work, please make it clear in your post(s,) on your website and/or on your photos that this is commercial work. Ideally, put some kind of watermark on your sample pictures so that it is obvious that the photo is not taken by an amateur photographer. The forum's moderators will keep an eye out for any of your photos that are posted directly on this site. Any such photos will be removed from the post as soon as possible. If someone links to your site in such a way that anyone following the link will be able to navigate the site in a normal manner, then we will not remove these links. If your site allows direct linking to pictures, it would be a good idea to disable that capability with your webserver software that you are using. If you find any of your work posted inappropriately, please report the post to a moderator immediately.

Forum members:
Please respect all of the photographers. Some are doing this because the enjoy it. Some are doing this to put food on their table. If you are unsure about whether you should post someone's photo on this forum or not, please don't post it. Please respect the restrictions of all the photographers and please do not post commercial work on this forum. I would rather not get into a discussion abo

99 Mazda Miata CS #194
Previous Topic: 2019 Tour Photos
Next Topic: Embedding Youtube videos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 06:40:44 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01123 seconds