Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Northern California Events » Crows AAS Event Question
Crows AAS Event Question [message #122780] Wed, 18 September 2019 11:24 Go to next message
RP666   United States
First Gear

Hello

Rookie (sort of) questions here.
I am interested in attending the next event at Crows. I see no way of contacting AAS directly, so I am writing here.

My new (to me) track car is a 3 liter Sports Racing Car (open cockpit, two seater), what class would this car be entered in is AAS?
The main goal at this event will be to shake it down, run it through the gears, test braking, just make sure all the systems are working correctly before heading out to a track event. Seems Crows would be the place as it's got room for longer straights compared to say ... Marina.

Also, would it be allowed to run the car on the unused portions of the airstrip to check any adjustment or fixes that my be needed on the day between runs?

Thanks kindly for the responses in advance,
RP

Re: Crows AAS Event Question [message #122781 is a reply to message #122780] Wed, 18 September 2019 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G_Ride is currently offline  G_Ride   United States
Top PAX

AAS uses SCCA solo classing. I don't know off the top of my head what your class is, though. You can reach AAS on their Facebook group.

--Erik
2013 Subaru BRZ
68 STX
Re: Crows AAS Event Question [message #122782 is a reply to message #122781] Wed, 18 September 2019 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesvilla is currently offline  jesvilla   United States
Top Time of Day
FORUM SPONSOR

Sounds like that would be an ASR sports racer? So, that would fit in the MOD class with a B Mod index(handicap). AAS usually has a practice course you can test on before you take runs but that is a very short and low speed test course, but it will tell you if everything works. Try the facebook AAS page as the event organizers frequent that website much more often than here.

Jesus
EX AAS Pres.
Re: Crows AAS Event Question [message #122784 is a reply to message #122780] Thu, 19 September 2019 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   United States
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

RP666 wrote on Wed, 18 September 2019 11:24
Hello

Rookie (sort of) questions here.
I am interested in attending the next event at Crows. I see no way of contacting AAS directly, so I am writing here.

My new (to me) track car is a 3 liter Sports Racing Car (open cockpit, two seater), what class would this car be entered in is AAS?
The main goal at this event will be to shake it down, run it through the gears, test braking, just make sure all the systems are working correctly before heading out to a track event. Seems Crows would be the place as it's got room for longer straights compared to say ... Marina.

Also, would it be allowed to run the car on the unused portions of the airstrip to check any adjustment or fixes that my be needed on the day between runs?

Thanks kindly for the responses in advance,
RP

What he said. But also, you said "between runs". The format is to line up in grid, do a run, line up in grid, do your next, through your 4 or 5 (hopefully) runs. Then you have to work your shift (or it might be work first, then run, depends on group). If during your run group you go off somewhere else it screws things up, if they use the straight grids as usual you won't end up back next to your gear if you come back out of order, etc. You can't count on having more than 5 or 10 minutes between runs.

Also, the official speed limit on site is 15 MPH. I'm not saying that nobody has ever gone out past all of the paddock area and wound it out some, but all hard cornering is done on the main course or the test and tune. You can contact them on fB or try (hasn't always worked for me) C_A_Cox@msn.com.

Yes, the straights on the actual course can allow for higher speeds than Marina but it's unlikely to be race course speeds. Street cars rarely exceed the speed you can go on a highway in Utah legally, Mods might go a little faster.

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love
Re: Crows AAS Event Question [message #122785 is a reply to message #122784] Fri, 20 September 2019 00:01 Go to previous message
RP666   
First Gear

Thanks Guys
That information is most helpful in letting me know what to expect, I fully imagine my car will need adjustments or outright work in between runs. Maybe I can do my marshaling and then get course time as my car's needs get worked out.

Hopefully the organizers will allow that to work in some fashion. I have left a message on FB directly to check.

Regards

[Updated on: Fri, 20 September 2019 00:02]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: SFR Round 10: Last chance before Nationals!
Next Topic: Sac Chapter Enduro format?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Nov 22 08:16:39 PST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01247 seconds