Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Northern California Events » Sac Chapter Enduro format?
Sac Chapter Enduro format? [message #122783] Thu, 19 September 2019 20:30 Go to next message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   United States
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

Hey, it's been quite a while since I did one of these but was considering it. From their website it now says that Sunday is 3, 2 lap runs. That's how the practice day used to work, but the second, enduro day used to be a single, 4 or 5 lapper. Can anyone confirm which it is?

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love
Re: Sac Chapter Enduro format? [message #122790 is a reply to message #122783] Mon, 30 September 2019 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   United States
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

OK, talkin' to myself (not that it is unusual).... While their webpage was not clear, the reg page at axware did make it clear that Sunday was a 5 lap format. In fact, they gave Sunday attendees one, 2-lap run first to make sure we understood where you stayed on and later got off, which was great for me, though I did walk the course. Site is close to same or may be a hair smaller racing room than Marina, but great asphalt, g-loads were almost identical to what I read at Marina.

It was AWESOME to do the 5 lapper again after a long time missing it! What I did find out is it is possible to get your brakes smokin' HOT after 5 laps at 95% (*) of full blast. A couple of slow laps around the paddock cooled things off though. Woulda been a lot MORE fun if there were folks to run against in my class. I got nothing against a trophy, though! Because of the lower attendance they are muttering about making the Enduro part of their 100% attendance required list, just letting you know.

* 95% of full blast, because if you cone you don't get to stop for a downed cone the next time around, it's YOURS. And a spin means too much lost time to make up - you only get one try! So a little self control comes in handy.

Anyway, thanks to Sac for this fun event!! Thumb Up Worth the ~2 hr drive from middle Bay Area.

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love
Re: Sac Chapter Enduro format? [message #122793 is a reply to message #122790] Wed, 02 October 2019 20:54 Go to previous message
heinee is currently offline  heinee   United States
Third Gear

Paul, it was great to see you again. It brought back fond memories from my early autocross days Smile .

I managed to have operator error and didn't get video of the Enduro, but here are my best 2 lap runs. Now try holding your breath for 5 laps that take almost 2 1/2 minutes Thumb Up .

Mark
https://youtu.be/4GeyW5mE_y8

'02 C5 Z06 CAM-S
Previous Topic: Crows AAS Event Question
Next Topic: SFR Round 11 - October 6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Nov 22 08:16:02 PST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01114 seconds