Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Northern California Events » SCCA Crows Landing Championship Tour (Don't forget to register!)
SCCA Crows Landing Championship Tour [message #122686] Mon, 22 April 2019 12:01 Go to next message
Youmna is currently offline  Youmna
Third Gear

Hi all! Just a reminder to those not on Facebook or checking SFRautox.com: the Crows Champ Tour is this weekend, and registration closes tomorrow at 4:00 PM PST! Don't delay! Register now!

As a reminder: our Facebook page is a PUBLIC page, which means you don't need an account to keep up to date with the news and posts we make there. You'll get far more updated information on FB than you will here, simply because it sees more traffic and more posts.
Re: SCCA Crows Landing Championship Tour [message #122688 is a reply to message #122686] Wed, 24 April 2019 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Third Gear

Registration is closed, but now we've got new and notable pieces of information! Please go to the latest post on SFRautox.com to get the full scoop.

Most notable: we're doing something very different with the course layout! Those who attended the 2018 Larry Park Memorial will certainly feel comfortable with the layout, and Tony's put together a different kind of course for us. I know I'm biased, buuuuuut it looks like a fun, fast course, and I think we'll all have fun tackling it.

Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend!
Re: SCCA Crows Landing Championship Tour [message #122690 is a reply to message #122688] Thu, 25 April 2019 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   United States
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

Thanks for the updates, Youmna!

Event details such as schedule, supplemental event rules ("supps") and so on are available by clicking links on your Motorsport Reg page, or conveniently here:
https://www.scca.com/events/1992950-2019-tire-rack-crows-lan ding-champ-tour

Official event entry is 215 plus 4 FJ-A/B. I read somewhere that the run groups will be posted Thursday some time.

I don't remember the 2018 Larry Park course that well but it was unusually long with average times of EIGHTY SECONDS. Heck, that is more than 1/3 of the Sac Chapter Enduro layouts of the distant past! And well more than half of a Thunderhill old course east side. Maybe there will be a rest break with water, or a rally-style check point half way through. Laughing

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love
Re: SCCA Crows Landing Championship Tour [message #122691 is a reply to message #122690] Thu, 25 April 2019 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atcovan is currently offline  atcovan   
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Don't forget to breathe. Dearly departed Art Allen used to hold his during a run. Of course, in those days, a lap was usually 30 seconds. Embarassed

Jim
Re: SCCA Crows Landing Championship Tour [message #122694 is a reply to message #122686] Wed, 01 May 2019 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

Since you won't ever hear about it from SCCA:https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ad/Three_Wise_Monkeys_%282010%29.jpg/320px-Three_Wise_Monkeys_%282010%29.jpg

https://www.modbee.com/news/article229765779.html I figure that since it's actually in a newspaper I can say this much.

Minor injuries, considering.

I didn't actually see it (saw the tire marks though). If your car is going to spin, BOTH FEET IN (brake + clutch). Once the tires lock or at least aren't attempting to steer, then it goes in a pretty much straight line. Allowing others to tell where you are going to be headed and to be able to dodge, knowhutImean? Nobody will be impressed by your hero move of trying to save a tankslapper and failing, and the consequences are much more severe. Of course, good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement. Nod

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love

[Updated on: Wed, 01 May 2019 14:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SCCA Crows Landing Championship Tour [message #122695 is a reply to message #122691] Wed, 01 May 2019 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

atcovan wrote on Thu, 25 April 2019 14:37
Don't forget to breathe. Dearly departed Art Allen used to hold his during a run. Of course, in those days, a lap was usually 30 seconds. Embarassed

Yeah, I talked with others who tried the no-breathe technique back then. One less thing to think about, I guess. Not a technique for me, and certainly not on longer courses! The Sac Enduros come to mind again. Heck, on a 50 second lap you can usually hear me puffing on the video...and sometimes cursing, oh well.

Re: SCCA Crows Landing Championship Tour [message #122696 is a reply to message #122695] Wed, 01 May 2019 14:43 Go to previous message
Third Gear

Thank you for sharing public information, Paul.

I'd kindly ask you not to assume what happened at the event, however. Speculation leads to rumors and false information being disseminated.
Previous Topic: Marina Autocross May 4 & 5
Next Topic: SFR Rounds 5 & 6: Back to the Local Series!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Nov 22 06:47:20 PST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01387 seconds