Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Off Topic » Bob and Margaret (discuss mobile use in traffic)
Bob and Margaret [message #122530] Fri, 18 January 2019 16:20 Go to next message
atcovan is currently offline  atcovan   
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Margaret: "Bob. While out and about, I noticed numerous drivers stopped far back from the lead car in que at the traffic signal. Why do they do that?"
Bob: "Margaret, my pensive turtledove, those wankers are on their mobiles and leave nearly two lengths between themselves and the lead at the traffic light."
Margaret: "Bob. Doesn't that make them bleedin' obvious to any constable what they're up to? I'd suggest the district could rake in millions."
Bob, "Margaret, my keen observer, it's beyond the tossers' comprehension as they'er all self-absorbed, arrogant, useless dick-tips, oblivious to their rudeness and don't think to be courteous to others."
Margaret, "Bob. I know what you mean, as I was left at the red simply because the Bogans couldn't see they were shamelessly hogging the lane and caused several of us to miss the light."
Bob: "Margaret, my frustrated tulip, it's simply the times we live in. Be calm and give yourself a few cleansing breaths and cope as best you can."

Jim
Re: Bob and Margaret [message #122537 is a reply to message #122530] Thu, 24 January 2019 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   United States
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

Where are B & M from again, publication-wise?

FWIW my safety training at work required stopping a full car length behind at a light. Gave you room in case the person in front stalled, to get around them, and enough space that if a bozo rear-ended you that you didn't involve yet another vehicle in the insurance discussions.

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love
Re: Bob and Margaret [message #122538 is a reply to message #122537] Thu, 24 January 2019 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

All good safety points, Paul, but my observation is that these are commuters on their phones, way farther than one car length back. It's just irritating. My B and M are loosely based upon a British cartoon couple.

Jim
Re: Bob and Margaret [message #122554 is a reply to message #122538] Wed, 30 January 2019 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   United States
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

I'm more worried about the ones who are two car lengths behind me IN MOVING TRAFFIC. And even more the ones on their phones! Nowadays I look in the rearview, and if their head is aimed down at their lap rather than on the road, I try to get the **** out of in front of them.

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love
Re: Bob and Margaret [message #122556 is a reply to message #122554] Wed, 30 January 2019 21:05 Go to previous message
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Following too closely is definitely a big problem. I'm with you and try to avoid it, but there's just so much we can do. I make sure I don't surprise the idiot behind me, especially coming to a stop.

Jim
Previous Topic: I guess someone couldn't resist....
Next Topic: Anyone know Keith's Transmission in Castro Valley
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 20 22:57:42 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00910 seconds