Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » General Autocross Discussion » Shut down this forum? (Will you miss it?)
Re: Shut down this forum? [message #122245 is a reply to message #122244] Mon, 20 August 2018 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nokones is currently offline  nokones   
Second Gear

Keep it, because I don't do Facebook.

Kenneth Allan Mitchell
nokones@kenmitchell.com
Re: Shut down this forum? [message #122247 is a reply to message #122244] Mon, 20 August 2018 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Weinstein is currently offline  Joe Weinstein   
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

mpozzi wrote on Sun, 19 August 2018 20:46
tpr60 wrote on Fri, 17 August 2018 14:53
I vote to keep it. I check it a couple times a day.

I do too. Please keep it ...

+1
Re: Shut down this forum? [message #122248 is a reply to message #122245] Mon, 20 August 2018 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Pellow is currently offline  Dan Pellow   
Top Time of Day

I much prefer this sight to FB. Here, if you see something, you can find it again easily. On FB, you can see it once and never find it again. I was sorry to see the racing communities move towards the dark side and have requested that the SFR Steering Committee media gurus post announcements here as well as on FB.

Dan Pellow
---------------
Image is property of Morris Minor Owners Club

[Updated on: Tue, 25 September 2018 13:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Shut down this forum? [message #122252 is a reply to message #122248] Mon, 20 August 2018 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tony_rod is currently offline  tony_rod
Fourth Gear

I voted to shut it down. The "Setup" threads are the only thing useful, and sometimes have a low success rate. More often than not things said here get on people's nerves and start conflict, are discussed publicly when they shouldn't be, and I've admittedly participated/incited some of that too.

FB sucks but the chapters/regions have their own websites that have information. Those should be the first point of contact for everyone, not a niche forum with low participation.

'15 STX #1/87

[Updated on: Mon, 20 August 2018 10:33]

Re: Shut down this forum? [message #122282 is a reply to message #122233] Wed, 29 August 2018 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anthony Tabacco is currently offline  Anthony Tabacco   
Fourth Gear

Keep it. Please keep it. Facebook is not your friend.
tony
Re: Shut down this forum? [message #122284 is a reply to message #122282] Thu, 30 August 2018 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peahioi is currently offline  Peahioi   United States
Sixth Gear

"Keep it. Please keep it. Facebook is not your friend.
tony"

Tony said it... I believe it... That settles it!!!

Seriously, you well know that more folks than not, do not actively participate here (pollsters, marketing gurus, customer service types and others
believe that 1 in 10 people represent 1/2 or more of those who agree with the "squeeky wheels" who speak out or otherwise actively participate on
various subject matters)...
You need to carefully consider the action that you are presenting... Please consider more than "time" alone as justification for a shut down.

Dave

Dave Henry
2001 Caterham SuperLight-R/V

Re: Shut down this forum? [message #122285 is a reply to message #122284] Thu, 30 August 2018 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
darkonion is currently offline  darkonion   United States
Sixth Gear

The forum actually serves two purposes, bulletin board and wiki. Facebook is good at the bulletin board stuff, but is terrible with the Wiki part.

My vote is to keep the forum as the stickies make it easy to find relevant information. Just my two cents.

37 whp and 124 ft-lbs of fury!!
www.darkonion.com
Re: Shut down this forum? [message #122287 is a reply to message #122245] Thu, 30 August 2018 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   United States
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

nokones wrote on Mon, 20 August 2018 06:21
Keep it, because I don't do Facebook.

What he said, me too.

Yes there is discussion and picture posting at fB but I really don't want to use it, I only read what is available on their top page because sometimes the good info doesn't make it here. Kevin's comments are good too. And the SFR site is treated as a second fiddle to their fB page.

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love
Re: Shut down this forum? [message #122292 is a reply to message #122287] Mon, 03 September 2018 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesvilla is currently offline  jesvilla   
Top Time of Day
FORUM SPONSOR

I vote to keep it going.
Re: Shut down this forum? [message #122293 is a reply to message #122292] Mon, 03 September 2018 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dan Pellow is currently offline  Dan Pellow   
Top Time of Day

So far, out of 18 people that have commented, we only have one that votes to shut it down and one was non committed. The other 16 voted for keeping it going.

When I have important information to post to the community. I do it here, because I know people will see it. I have tried on the other medias and it gets lost in the noise. It literally takes someone else in charge of posting stuff on those medias to see the side line comments and post it up front. That doesn't always happen, (as hard as they try to catch everything). Here, it is up front automatically.

Dan Pellow
---------------
Image is property of Morris Minor Owners Club

[Updated on: Mon, 03 September 2018 22:29]

Previous Topic: Solo Nationals preliminary class/run days announced
Next Topic: what model ND miata
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 23 09:39:18 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00938 seconds