Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » New to Autocross/New to the Forum » New to Autocross
Re: New to Autocross [message #121864 is a reply to message #121863] Sat, 12 May 2018 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

Good! Actually someone I messaged a while back is trying to get a Google Maps marker placed approximately here:
37.405951, -121.080954
If anyone posts that into Google Maps or other mapping app, it will show them the intersection of Hwy 33 and Ike Crow Road. Go due west from that point to get into the site.
Or go to HERE:

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love
Re: New to Autocross [message #121865 is a reply to message #121862] Sat, 12 May 2018 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

funCarStuff wrote on Sat, 12 May 2018 07:39
G_Ride wrote on Tue, 06 June 2017 01:21
Soup80 wrote on Mon, 05 June 2017 23:35
Looking to register for this weekend at Crows Landing. Anyone know where I can register online? Also my 7 year old son wants to come and watch. Is it OK?

Registration is on site. There is not online registration. I believe your son can come and watch, but he cannot ride along in the car on your runs.

Been wondering about this - what's the youngest age for a passenger? My 9-year old daughter (I know, too young) loves any type of aggressive cornering, etc.. She'd LOVE to be allowed to ride along in one of these events..

Hmm, all I have been able to find is the requirements in the San Francisco Region Supplemental regulations:
At local SFR Solo events, anyone over the age of 12 may ride as a passenger as
long as they have an SCCA membership (temporary is acceptable).

It is possible for a junior to drive as young as age 8 if the Region has the proper program in place for the JB Kart class. You could always talk to the parents who are running the Junior Karts to find out more about that program.

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love
Re: New to Autocross [message #121867 is a reply to message #121865] Sat, 12 May 2018 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funCarStuff is currently offline  funCarStuff   United States
First Gear

pault1 wrote on Sat, 12 May 2018 19:58
funCarStuff wrote on Sat, 12 May 2018 07:39
G_Ride wrote on Tue, 06 June 2017 01:21
Soup80 wrote on Mon, 05 June 2017 23:35
Looking to register for this weekend at Crows Landing. Anyone know where I can register online? Also my 7 year old son wants to come and watch. Is it OK?

Registration is on site. There is not online registration. I believe your son can come and watch, but he cannot ride along in the car on your runs.

Been wondering about this - what's the youngest age for a passenger? My 9-year old daughter (I know, too young) loves any type of aggressive cornering, etc.. She'd LOVE to be allowed to ride along in one of these events..

Hmm, all I have been able to find is the requirements in the San Francisco Region Supplemental regulations:
At local SFR Solo events, anyone over the age of 12 may ride as a passenger as
long as they have an SCCA membership (temporary is acceptable).

It is possible for a junior to drive as young as age 8 if the Region has the proper program in place for the JB Kart class. You could always talk to the parents who are running the Junior Karts to find out more about that program.

Thanks! Any pointers to the JB Kart events/organizers in the area? Not sure what to look for..
Re: New to Autocross [message #121870 is a reply to message #121867] Sun, 13 May 2018 04:28 Go to previous message
G_Ride is currently offline  G_Ride   
Top PAX

Basically AAS and SCCA events

--Erik
2013 Subaru BRZ
68 STX
Previous Topic: New to the Bay Area, new-ish to autox
Next Topic: AutoCross NooB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 06:29:21 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01177 seconds