Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » General Autocross Discussion » Pat Kelly Memorial Potluck and BBQ
Pat Kelly Memorial Potluck and BBQ [message #121055] Mon, 11 September 2017 16:10 Go to next message
KatieKelly is currently offline  KatieKelly   
Second Gear

Please join us Sunday, 1pm, October 15th, at the Amador Valley Community Park (4301 Black Avenue, Pleasanton) as we celebrate the life and times of Pat Kelly on the anniversary weekend of her leaving this plane.

Bring something to BBQ, a salad or dessert to share with a few folks, and a story or two.

We'll have drinks and extra hamburgers and other grub available.

Kids of all ages welcome. There is a playground!

No alcohol. I can hear my mom saying, "Ah hell." But she'd go anyway, I like to think.

If you think you can make it, drop me a line at: katiekelly@sbcglobal.net. Please put "Pat Kelly Memorial" in the subject line.

-Katie
Re: Pat Kelly Memorial Potluck and BBQ [message #121104 is a reply to message #121055] Thu, 28 September 2017 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atcovan is currently offline  atcovan   
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Pat was one of the first people to welcome me to autocross. I was just standing around at the Pleasanton Fairgrounds, circa 1977 and she came up to me to say hello and invite me to attend. I said something like, "naw, I'd get lost in that ocean of cones." She said I'd like it and to not worry what other people would say. I'll always remember her fondly and as the "Keeper of the Book."

Jim
Re: Pat Kelly Memorial Potluck and BBQ [message #121107 is a reply to message #121104] Sat, 30 September 2017 11:57 Go to previous message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   United States
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

I went to one of the last, I think, regular Pleasanton events, it was only the third autocross I'd ever been to, I think it was late 80's. Unsure if it was SCCA or NCSCC. But I remember meeting Pat. She was always encouraging and positive!
Unfortunately these memorials keep happening when I am out of the area. I sent regrets to Katie at the contact address, as well as some comments about how Pat had helped/encouraged me.

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love
Previous Topic: Guess What This Is
Next Topic: Data from your autocross runs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 09:25:06 PST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00820 seconds