Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Classifieds » STX Prep - 2011 Mini Cooper S
STX Prep - 2011 Mini Cooper S [message #120926] Wed, 26 July 2017 08:37 Go to next message
jjjenningsiii is currently offline  jjjenningsiii   
Second Gear

Anyone familiar with this car likely knows it as Eric Lam's. I bought this from him about 6 months ago as I traded my Miata for something with back seats to accommodate a new addition to the family. I've come to realize that I won't be able to autox for the foreseeable future and would love to see this end up with someone who can appreciate it. The car is just about fully prepped, and with a good driver behind the wheel could provide to be good competition for the FRS/BRZ folks. I've used it as a daily for the last few months, more than comfortable for longer drives and quite fun whenever you hit a twisty road.

Suspension/Brakes
- Ohlins Coilovers
- Vorshlag Camber Plates
- Hotchkis lower rear link
- Torque Solutions torque arm
- Tarett Adjustable 23.8mm Rear Sway Bar and spherical endlinks
- Wilwood front big brake kit with 2 piece rotors
- Stainless steel brake lines

Drivetrain
- OS Giken Limited Slip Differential
- NM Engineering tune, no boost increase
- JCW Exhaust Manifold
- AFE power dry filter
- Craven Speed Short Shifter

There are no mechanical problems with the car. The paint is in nice condition with a few minor blemishes. The interior is close to flawless and there are no "weird rattles" that I've found to be present in many other Mini Coopers. With the LSD it is a blast to drive, and that alone totally transforms the driving experience when compared to a regular Mini S.

Price: $11k

I would consider a trade for something cheap + fun (ie: NA miata or old honda) with cash on top

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h431/gwpolo5/Front%20Left_zpsvctvkek9.jpg
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h431/gwpolo5/Interior_zpsfd7fygmy.jpg
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h431/gwpolo5/Front%20Right_zpsx6nv6jzs.jpg
Re: STX Prep - 2011 Mini Cooper S [message #120927 is a reply to message #120926] Wed, 26 July 2017 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Second Gear

Well photobucket seems to have taken a shit on itself - Pics can be found here: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/mini-cooper/623307349 0.html

Happy to snap more for anyone who wants/needs them.

Re: STX Prep - 2011 Mini Cooper S [message #121041 is a reply to message #120927] Thu, 31 August 2017 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Second Gear

Update - Had the car inspected at a performance shop in Berkeley for a prospective buyer and I am happy to share their report for any interested parties. Said potential buyer has yet to pull the trigger so the car is still available.

The car needs tires for the daily wheels and could use an alignment - Everything else checks out.

I neglected to mention it before but I do have a set of 15x8 front & 15x7 rear Advanti S1 storms with a set of very lightly used 225/45 Rival S tires - I would happily toss those in.

In light of the need for tires + alignment I'm dropping the price to the autocross crowd to $10k
Re: STX Prep - 2011 Mini Cooper S [message #121053 is a reply to message #121041] Tue, 05 September 2017 17:54 Go to previous message
jjjenningsiii is currently offline  jjjenningsiii   United States
Second Gear

sold
Previous Topic: 2015 and up Mustang, Koni Sport adjustable shocks and struts
Next Topic: TOYO RR 255/40/17 $100 each!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 09:24:58 PST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00899 seconds