Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Off Topic » Speed Secrets Discount (Discount code for Ross Bentley's Speed Secret courses)
Speed Secrets Discount [message #120954] Thu, 03 August 2017 12:13
RKSskier is currently offline  RKSskier   United States
Second Gear

So I am more involved in sim racing than autocross now a days, but it has been good fun. One thing led to another and I have been lucky enough to get a discount code for some of Ross Bentley's Speed Secrets courses. It was primarily for sim racers, but he said I can share it with others as well. While I haven't been active on baautox in a little while I still wanted to share this with you all in case it is helpful for anyone. I have taken these both and will probably retake them about once a year or before any serious (sim) racing championships that I compete in. (Once you have them you can take them again anytime you want) It is a 25% discount that can apply to the online e-courses on http://www.speedsecrets.com I got to pick the code name, so the discount code is "themightyforth-25" the team that I race on. (Yes, I race with a team online Smile ) Our average age is about 45 and most the other guys are from England and Scottland.

There are two courses. Both have different reading material, videos, review questions, chances to take notes, discussion forums, and several pdf forms. Information can be found at https://learn.speedsecrets.com/

The Performance Driving 101 is a good overall course and I think was a great review and reminder. It can absolutely help people at any level, but I think intermediate and perhaps novice drivers will take more from it than those that are more advanced and have already read a bunch of driving books. I enjoyed it and there were a few things that I thought were worded or shown in a different manner and it was enjoyable and helpful for me. I think this could be good to help make the most of the driving time that you have. I will definitely review this again in the future.

The Inner Speed Secrets 201 course is less about vehicle dynamics and the best line for your car, and more about the mental aspect of driving. This one is more focused performing at your best more often. This can transfer over to other areas outside of racing, and I would have greatly benefited from having this course when I used to be a competitive athlete in the past. I personally have found this one to be the most helpful for me. I will probably continue to retake the course about once a year before I do any serious league racing. I think this would be probably be good for intermediate up to advance drivers as well as those who really like to learn.

I hope that there will be some people who benefit from these. If you have taken the courses you should post here and share your thoughts.

www.SpeedSecrets.com
Previous Topic: Race Car test drive
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 12:22:28 PDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00744 seconds