Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Northern California Events » Course complaints (likes and dislikes)
Re: Course complaints [message #120695 is a reply to message #120539] Fri, 19 May 2017 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suba_Roo is currently offline  Suba_Roo   United States
Second Gear

Vis-a-vis the attendance being down... Oakland used to see 250 entrants a few years ago. It made for very long days. That said, I could leave my house and drive to Oakland in 30 minutes. Now with only Crow's and Marina I'm looking at an 1.5 hours each way. It's no surprise that there are fewer drivers at Crows than at the Colosseum.

Ben what Fresno event are you going to? I've been racing down there a lot because their events happen to align with my kid schedule better. I miss Confused benchmarking my performance by thinking "If the XR4TI beats me by less than 4 seconds I am driving very well"

Rufus C.
#689 01 Subaru Impreza RS
Re: Course complaints [message #120696 is a reply to message #120695] Fri, 19 May 2017 16:17 Go to previous message
OldandSlow is currently offline  OldandSlow   
Third Gear

I'm one of those that did the events at the Coliseum on a fairly regular basis for a year or two but haven't done any SCCA events at Marina. I have done a few at Crows Landing. The problem being that Marina is 3 hours plus for me and it is just not worth it to make the drive for a single event. I have done two event weekends at Marina with PCA. Both the Coliseum and Crows Landing have about the same driving time to get there, a little less than 2 hours. Crows Landing takes less time to return home because of not having to deal with Bay Area traffic. You might say that 2 hours plus or minus is typical driving time to get to events for me other than those at Mather or San Joaquin County Fairgrounds.
Previous Topic: Auto-x at the Cow Palace May 21
Next Topic: June 10/11 Event with AAS at Crows Landing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 24 08:34:24 PDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00990 seconds