Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Rallycross » RallyCross fun with someone elses car
Re: RallyCross fun with someone elses car [message #120580 is a reply to message #120573] Wed, 12 April 2017 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everbruin is currently offline  everbruin   
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Brent you may already know but autox codrivers often pay in some form but it's often informal and obviously less risky

-An; str 95 m3
http://lh4.ggpht.com/everbruin/SJk0MZaxxMI/AAAAAAAABDY/y3789jgyezY/s144/avat160.jpg
Re: RallyCross fun with someone elses car [message #120686 is a reply to message #120572] Wed, 10 May 2017 17:36 Go to previous message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

Like An said, co-driving is very common at auto-x. The most common terms that I know of from a few years back was that the guest pays the owner's entry for the day, maybe with a few more $$ to offset tire wear. For more than single-event deals it's up to the people involved, often with payments meant to offset tires, towing costs, or whatever is relevant to that owner & renter.
Also like he said, lower risk to the car compared to r-x. Anecdotally there are only a few cases across the country each year of seriously pranged cars in autocross. I haven't done r-x (yet) and don't know whether co-drives are common or how you'd deal with the worst case outcomes, so it's difficult to know how to spread the risk.
At the DirtFish rally school they supply caged cars and your fee includes a cost of insurance. (from their website, "All of our standard programs now come with crash damage insurance included, so you will not be liable for any crash damage, unless we deem your actions to be outside the realm of normal training." Of course their 2 hour course starts at $475, up to 3 days for $3900, so a little more damage is occurring and being handled by your payments I would guess.

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love
Previous Topic: Prairie City SVRA Events
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 24 08:36:00 PDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00945 seconds