Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Northern California Events » If you can only attend one: TOUR vs PRO
Re: If you can only attend one: TOUR vs PRO [message #120401 is a reply to message #120396] Fri, 17 March 2017 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everbruin is currently offline  everbruin   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

maybe minority but i prefer tour; more course but fewer chances on each

-An; str 95 m3
http://lh4.ggpht.com/everbruin/SJk0MZaxxMI/AAAAAAAABDY/y3789jgyezY/s144/avat160.jpg
Re: If you can only attend one: TOUR vs PRO [message #120532 is a reply to message #120401] Wed, 05 April 2017 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jayroddrumz is currently offline  jayroddrumz   United States
Sixth Gear

If you have never done either and can only do one. DO the Pro solo. Lots of fun, and more seat time. I did one Tour race and i will never do another. The hands down most boring time you can have at a Motorsport event. Just my opinion and my experience. I ran in the morning and worked the late runs. I was there for almost 12 hours for 3 minutes of seat time. Not exactly bang for your buck. The pro solo on the other hand is great you get to do a drag start with a tree. Run 4 runs back to back. Then get 4 more later the same day, and then get 4 more on Sunday. Then if you make it the bonus round, even more runs. Sorry if i sound harsh on the Tour, but it's not for me.

Jason Rodriguez
Avatar phot credit. Paul Tibbels

Re: If you can only attend one: TOUR vs PRO [message #120537 is a reply to message #120532] Wed, 05 April 2017 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RichJ is currently offline  RichJ   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

I vote Pro for the same reasons as everyone else. It's a lot more exciting of a format. You can't beat the tree and the "head-to-head" competition of it all. I wouldn't worry as much about breaking stuff if you're running in street class.

Richard Jones
#67 FS
#192 SM
Re: If you can only attend one: TOUR vs PRO [message #120540 is a reply to message #120537] Wed, 05 April 2017 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
red5racing is currently offline  red5racing   United States
Sixth Gear

Yea, I hope we can convert the NT to a Match Tour next year. The NT format's justification is that it prepares people for nationals, but it is a big yawn.

If the pro was a points event it might attract more people
Re: If you can only attend one: TOUR vs PRO [message #120595 is a reply to message #120540] Fri, 14 April 2017 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
race2win is currently offline  race2win   United States
Top PAX

red5racing wrote on Wed, 05 April 2017 12:20
Yea, I hope we can convert the NT to a Match Tour next year. The NT format's justification is that it prepares people for nationals, but it is a big yawn.

If the pro was a points event it might attract more people

I enjoy the Match Tour format, but if the Crows event turned into a Match Tour I would reluctantly go only because it's close. Participation would also go down, when SD switched to that format last year they lost as much as 100 entries each of the past 2 years.

There is no substitute for the intensity of a Champ Tour, where you have 3 runs each day to get it done, and the course changes for Sunday. The Match Tour gets a little boring on Sunday after you have seen the same course so many times.

Also remember the Tour courses are usually well over double the length of the avg Pro course...so time on course is very similar for most drivers. Plus you have 2 work assignments on Sat for a Pro Wink That being said I do agree if you have to do just one, I would pick the Pro as well.

Drag racing is for fast cars
Autocrossing is for fast drivers

Mark Scroggs
2013 Ford Focus ST #49/149 GS

stranoparts.com, Bridgestone Tires

2014 & 2015 GS National Champion
Re: If you can only attend one: TOUR vs PRO [message #120616 is a reply to message #120595] Sun, 23 April 2017 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wenyongzhe is currently offline  wenyongzhe   
Second Gear

Just came back from the Pro. So much fun, totally worth it.
Thanks Howard and Travis for let me co-drive
Re: If you can only attend one: TOUR vs PRO [message #120644 is a reply to message #120378] Sun, 30 April 2017 18:42 Go to previous message
pault1 is currently offline  pault1   
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

tony_rod wrote on Thu, 16 March 2017 14:24
It's all about the site. Asphalt is in okay shape but beautiful scenery and indoor paddock, in a super small town with good food & people.

Well, Packwood is indoor paddock for all only if it's not a Tour. At the last Tour I went there for, indoors filled up with regulars/early birds and I, and about 100 others it felt like, got squeezed out onto the various edges of the parking lot. Still, was a good time.

Paul T. Ford body, Yamaha power - describes my car pretty well, too! Smile Returned to racing the STi-STU but still that #35 you love
Previous Topic: Details on Tour - run groups?
Next Topic: Tour Format?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 12:52:04 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01167 seconds