Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Northern California Events » SFR Championship Round 4 - Postponed until a later date
Re: SFR Championship Round 4 - Prereg Open [message #114766 is a reply to message #114765] Wed, 25 March 2015 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philiow313 is currently offline  philiow313   
Fourth Gear

Had i been planning to make this event in the first place, id have stepped up. Sorry to hear its not happening at all.

-Phil-
FSP #2 - look for the truck
Re: SFR Championship Round 4 - Prereg Open [message #114767 is a reply to message #114754] Wed, 25 March 2015 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DSP_Buckle is currently offline  DSP_Buckle   United States
Sixth Gear

UCDCelica wrote on Wed, 25 March 2015 15:27

It is better for the club and the series to focus on doing GOOD events rather than try to limp along events that are understaffed and are not drawing a healthy level of participation. That way we don't have to have the thread about how SFR dropped the ball and the event sucked.

Agreed! Although I don't like to see the event cancelled, it beats a half assed one where some one could potentially get hurt. Safety is key and a well organized event with volunteers prevents an unsafe environment in my opinion. I understand why this move was made.

With that said, I am always willing to volunteer and be part of what will make these things happen. I had class on Tuesdays last quarter so I couldn't do as much as I would have liked but I hope to help out more this upcoming quarter so we can have great and safe events! Let's not forget about safety everyone. It's more important than getting our jollies off driving and another person getting hurt.

GO TEAM GO!

2 Seconds 2 Seconds 2 Seconds 2 Seconds 2 Seconds

Hugo Diaz
/\ Delta Sigma Phi:Zeta Omicron Chapter /\
:BS #906- '17 Impreza WRX STi
:BS #906 - '08 Impreza WRX STi Wagon (retired)
:STX #906 - '04 Impreza WRX Wagon (retired)
:SM #510 - '00 Impreza RS turbocharged (retired) "SR 25 RS"
Re: SFR Championship Round 4 - Prereg Open [message #114768 is a reply to message #114766] Wed, 25 March 2015 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Pellow is currently offline  Dan Pellow   
Top Time of Day

Mary, (and anyone else interested in becoming a Safety Steward)

Yes you can be trained at an event. Work two events in training and Bryan can send in the paper work.

These guidelines will help.

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/Documents/Solo_Forms/Wha t%20is%20a%20Solo%20Safety%20Steward.pdf

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/Documents/Solo_Forms/SSS Summary2003.pdf

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/Documents/Solo_Forms/pop quiz.pdf

Dan

Dan Pellow
---------------
Image is property of Morris Minor Owners Club

[Updated on: Wed, 25 March 2015 18:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SFR Championship Round 4 - Prereg Open [message #114769 is a reply to message #114765] Wed, 25 March 2015 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mwood   United States
Top Time of Day

I'm down with learning safety and computers (reg and timing). To be honest, doing jobs like announcing or novice course walk, for me, aren't really "work assignments", they're fun. If I'm there for half a day, no problem working one group in a "skill" role and then another in a "fun" role Smile

But, yeah, I'm at the Pro this weekend, so I couldn't volunteer for anything.

Re: SFR Championship Round 4 - Prereg Open [message #114770 is a reply to message #114769] Wed, 25 March 2015 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slo_z28 is currently offline  slo_z28
Third Gear

Sac still has the mather event this weekend, Im going there or I would have chaired. Its the same 2 hour drive either way.

James

74 Z28 CP
89 Civic Si SMF
15 Fit STF
Re: SFR Championship Round 4 - Prereg Open [message #114771 is a reply to message #114770] Wed, 25 March 2015 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Pellow is currently offline  Dan Pellow   
Top Time of Day

Instead of waiting until the last minute to see if "someone else" will do the key jobs, or stating that you would have done it after the event has been cancelled for lack of key position volunteers, we need people to step up and volunteer for the key positions on day one of the setup post.

I am a proponent to cancelling an event if all the key positions are not filled 1 week prior to the event.

It is unfortunate for this event that many of our key people and faithful volunteers are going to be in So Cal this weekend.

Dan Pellow
---------------
Image is property of Morris Minor Owners Club

[Updated on: Wed, 25 March 2015 20:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SFR Championship Round 4 - Prereg Open [message #114785 is a reply to message #114771] Thu, 26 March 2015 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DSP_Buckle is currently offline  DSP_Buckle   United States
Sixth Gear

I volenteer as much as possible, but mainly for less "key" positions as I'm still learning. I wouldn't mind stepping up in the near future and do the higher echelon things. I think we are getting a lot of young blood coming to events so hopefully we get some good support from us newer folks sooner than later. I'm excited and looking forward to future events. Let's not dwell on the cancellation (or postponement, your choice of words) and let's look at future opportunities to be better.

Hugo Diaz
/\ Delta Sigma Phi:Zeta Omicron Chapter /\
:BS #906- '17 Impreza WRX STi
:BS #906 - '08 Impreza WRX STi Wagon (retired)
:STX #906 - '04 Impreza WRX Wagon (retired)
:SM #510 - '00 Impreza RS turbocharged (retired) "SR 25 RS"
Re: SFR Championship Round 4 - Prereg Open [message #114791 is a reply to message #114785] Thu, 26 March 2015 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fungusmungus is currently offline  fungusmungus
First Gear

I'm in for training at the next event in Marina. Safety, timing, where ever we are currently lacking. I'm new to SCCA but not to auto-x.

David
Re: SFR Championship Round 4 - Postponed until a later date [message #114801 is a reply to message #114497] Fri, 27 March 2015 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shentar is currently offline  Shentar   
Sixth Gear

I'm sad there won't be an event. This is my year to get back into auto crossing so it's like being new again. I'd planning on committing to the events regardless of the club racing schedule. I would also like the safety steward training. I can do timing/scoring, announcing,so why not new stuff. If there is another computer training session, I'd help with registration too. Whatever the club needs, really.

Seth R
#73-AS 2006 Porsche Cayman S
#73-STS 1990 Miata
Re: SFR Championship Round 4 - Postponed until a later date [message #114802 is a reply to message #114801] Fri, 27 March 2015 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mpozzi is currently offline  mpozzi   United States
Top PAX
CONTRIBUTOR

Shentar wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 00:29
I'm sad there won't be an event. This is my year to get back into auto crossing so it's like being new again. I'd planning on committing to the events regardless of the club racing schedule. I would also like the safety steward training. I can do timing/scoring, announcing,so why not new stuff. If there is another computer training session, I'd help with registration too. Whatever the club needs, really.

Really happy to hear you're running again, Seth. We've missed you ...

Mary P.
Previous Topic: Anyone pick up a 9/16" ratcheting open end at Round 2?
Next Topic: SFR Round 4 - Setup Thread
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 11:21:38 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01312 seconds