Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Northern California Events » SCCA Round 7 (Round 7 Course)
SCCA Round 7 [message #109491] Sun, 18 May 2014 20:51 Go to next message
SilverSport is currently offline  SilverSport   United States
Second Gear

Enjoyed the course today, one of the fastest and longest courses i have ever done for an SCCA event. Looked like a good turn out, will prereg next time to avoid the long wait in the registration line. Thanks to all of the folks that made the event possible.

2010 Camaro SS/RS
Re: SCCA Round 7 [message #109492 is a reply to message #109491] Sun, 18 May 2014 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everbruin is currently offline  everbruin   
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

fun course made good use of the space despite barricades; thanks Benny and Henry, et al!

i worked phone/stager for 1st time: beware it can crash, then you've to enter passwd to open app again. also sometimes driver won't get queued, so always check queue after each stage. Maybe it'll get fixed in a later version

-An; str 95 m3
http://lh4.ggpht.com/everbruin/SJk0MZaxxMI/AAAAAAAABDY/y3789jgyezY/s144/avat160.jpg
Re: SCCA Round 7 [message #109493 is a reply to message #109492] Sun, 18 May 2014 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tigermack is currently offline  tigermack   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Fun course, thanks Benny!

Mack Tsang
13 BRZ #188
05 Mazda3 FSP #188 - retired
prevs. 07 Mazdaspeed & 95 BMW STX #188

http://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack

Sandbagger #1
Re: SCCA Round 7 [message #109494 is a reply to message #109493] Sun, 18 May 2014 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vietnameeh is currently offline  vietnameeh   United States
Top Time of Day

Course was great....

Edison Tran

Re: SCCA Round 7 [message #109495 is a reply to message #109494] Sun, 18 May 2014 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chilema is currently offline  chilema   United States
Fourth Gear

Superb course! Thanks to the crew for putting the event together! Smile

Howard Yang
ESP #89 - 2013 Ford Mustang GT (traded in for twin turbo soccer dad SUV Razz)
STU # 89 - 1998 BMW M3 Sedan (sold)
GS # 89 - 2016 Focus ST
Re: SCCA Round 7 [message #109496 is a reply to message #109494] Sun, 18 May 2014 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amrx7   United States
Fourth Gear

I thought the course was very good use of the lot. Only nitpicks were the tighter stuff just gets exaggerated by the poor surface. On grippy smooth concrete that course would have been fine. I think that changing the couple cone slalom after the 2nd sweeper to *not* have an offset would have worked ok. Also would have cleaned up the visuals in the back right section from that corner leading up to the backside slalom. Line was fine, cones were just a bit over complicated. Also, finish was nice and straight but a bit on the fast side. In any case I had fun, even if I had to run on rain power level.Smile

-Andy
Re: SCCA Round 7 [message #109497 is a reply to message #109496] Sun, 18 May 2014 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G_Ride is currently offline  G_Ride   
Top PAX

I had fun today Smile Benny and Henry did a great job chairing today's event!

--Erik
2013 Subaru BRZ
68 STX
Re: SCCA Round 7 [message #109498 is a reply to message #109497] Sun, 18 May 2014 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JourdanWithaU is currently offline  JourdanWithaU
Sixth Gear

Good event. The course was great. Kind of annoying to see people ditching out during the worker change with complaints about a long day as I'm waiting to run in the afternoon.

Jourdan R.
2011 Subaru Impreza WRX
151 STM-SM
Njenius Grafix
Lubrify Racing Fluids
Auto Innovations
RBMS Auto Care
GST Motorsports
Re: SCCA Round 7 [message #109499 is a reply to message #109498] Mon, 19 May 2014 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benny_ng is currently offline  benny_ng   United States
Top Time of Day
FORUM SPONSOR

If you thought this was a long and fast course, you need to go to the Crows Landing events.

I want to say thanks to my first-time co-chair. He did a fantastic job, and the proof of that is that the event went great, and I'm not a zombie right now. : )
I want to thank all of the setup crew, I really make them work, and I'm sure some of them think I'm nuts when I want to move the same cone 5 different times, in 5 different directions, inches at a time.
Thanks to DanP who worked just about the entire time that he was there.. Well ok, except for the time he was in the car taking his 4 runs : ) He took the Van/trailer too/from the venue, helped with setup, safety, tech, reg, OMG, what did he not do?

Thank you to everyone that attended. All of you are is what makes each event happen.

Thanks for the course props and comments. I really take all of that to heart.

I was a little disappointed when I showed up this AM and realized that the upper left hand side of the lot was walled off. My mistake for not remembering that being there. That threw off the game plan and it did incite things into the course that otherwise not of been.

I assume that every course designer is like me, and there are at least a couple of things that could be changed. The one change that I would make is in the finish. I would have moved that middle wallom a foot to a foot and a half over more. It would have made it more of a challenge, more fun, and kept the speeds down. I thought the rest of the course worked for the given conditions.

FWIW, here is what I had originally planned. Note: the first 2 turns would have been eased up.

http://lubrify.com/autox/courses/oakland-05-18-2014.jpg

Benny
http://Lubrify.com | Racing Fluids - motul, eneos, AMSOIL, RedLine, swepco Total & Torco Fuels

Craftwerx Concepts, Genitrix Motorsports, Radix Motorsports

[Updated on: Mon, 19 May 2014 00:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SCCA Round 7 [message #109500 is a reply to message #109499] Mon, 19 May 2014 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Fmlykkr is currently offline  Fmlykkr   United States
First Gear

Awesome course and thanks to Benny and Henry for all your hard work!

Evo 9 MR
Previous Topic: AAS rds 4 & 5 are up
Next Topic: Help Needed (Challenge Workers) for Crows Landing ProSolo Challenge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 11:42:20 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01165 seconds