Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » General Autocross Discussion » New SFR website
Re: New SFR website [message #109129 is a reply to message #109128] Sat, 26 April 2014 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slo_z28 is currently offline  slo_z28   United States
Third Gear

Thanks for the new site Isaac. We all owe you a carbonated beverage of some type!

James

74 Z28 CP
89 Civic Si SMF
15 Fit STF
Re: New SFR website [message #109130 is a reply to message #109126] Sat, 26 April 2014 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pat Kelly is currently offline  Pat Kelly   United States
Top Time of Day

[quote title=When you see Isaac next, let him know if you appreciate his efforts. This wasn't hours or tens hours, it was much more than that.

The site looks great! Thanks Isaac.[/quote]

Thank you Benny for letting us know how the new site came about! Much better. Thanks to Isaac and all his hard work.
--Pat Kelly
Re: New SFR website [message #109131 is a reply to message #109077] Sat, 26 April 2014 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Kelly Jr. is currently offline  John Kelly Jr.   United States
First Gear

Thank you, Isaac.
John Kelly
Re: New SFR website [message #109132 is a reply to message #109131] Sat, 26 April 2014 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TPColgett is currently offline  TPColgett   United States
Sixth Gear

Thanks Isaac!!!!

Looks KILLER

http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz162/TPColgett/Golden%20Gate%20Fields%20AutoX%20July%202012/SmallSig.jpg
Tyler
STF #8 2008 Honda Fit Sport 5MT
Still an AutoX Noob >_<
Re: New SFR website [message #109133 is a reply to message #109126] Sat, 26 April 2014 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
walk   United States
Top Time of Day

benny_ng wrote on Sat, 26 April 2014 03:42

When you see Isaac next, let him know if you appreciate his efforts. This wasn't hours or tens hours, it was much more than that.

The site looks great! Thanks Isaac.

2 Seconds 2 Seconds 2 Seconds
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 Seconds 2 Seconds 2 Seconds

Jeff W.
1994 Miata #94 E/Street

[Updated on: Sat, 26 April 2014 11:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New SFR website [message #109178 is a reply to message #109117] Thu, 01 May 2014 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbratten is currently offline  dbratten   United States
Third Gear

Impala SS AutocroSSer wrote on Fri, 25 April 2014 14:19
dbratten wrote on Fri, 25 April 2014 13:45
racer X wrote on Fri, 25 April 2014 06:53
Will you be including Sacramento and Fresno on this new site (calendar) or just SFR and AAS????
Just asking, because it would be nice to have an all-inclusive Auto-X calendar....

I agree and hope that our step-clubs can be included. Wink

It may already be in the plan but I hope the new site can contain prior-year's results and SC minutes to aid us all in finding information.

--Dan

It is a Google Calendar running it behind the scenes. I believe if you supply Isaac or Benny the dates/sites as a Google Calendar, it is trivial to merge it into this.

That's what I thought but it urned out to not be that easy. Issac chose not to share the Fresno dates for now and removed the ones I sent. We'll see how Sac. fares.

--Dan
Re: New SFR website [message #109180 is a reply to message #109178] Thu, 01 May 2014 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
segfault is currently offline  segfault   
Top Time of Day

Since I added Fresno dates to our calendar to increase visability, I asked you add ours to your chapter's and you threw a fit. It's a matter of common courtesy.

"Feel free to contact one of our board members and ask them. So you don't end up disappointed remove the dates I gave you until the Fresno club complies with your demand. "My audience" -- I like that. Have fun with it."

So I removed it as you asked and was done arguing with you about it. But I have no problem putting them back up and will talk to someone who actually represents Fresno.

--Isaac
SFR Chief of Timing and Computer Magic
SM 71

[Updated on: Thu, 01 May 2014 01:19]

Re: New SFR website [message #109202 is a reply to message #109178] Thu, 01 May 2014 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbratten is currently offline  dbratten   United States
Third Gear

Isaac,

You left out much of our talk on getting dates posted. You asked for something I told you I could not give. You "expected" others to post your calendar -- which is a first for those included in the SFR calendar. If anyone cares, as apparently they do from PM received, I will include the entire correspondence and let each person judge where exactly I had my "fit." Perhaps it was your curt replies to my initial offer that set the tone. Read from the bottom.

----------------------------------------
On Apr 30, 2014, at 3:25 AM, Dan Bratten <xxxxx@charter.net> wrote:
It's your choice to remove them or not. Yours is the first expectation that other clubs post your schedule on their sites. I don't have a say in posting your schedule. Again, I suggest you contact a club officer. I sent you the information to help your audience. Our audience seems able to find your events already.

On Apr 30, 2014, at 2:14 AM, Isaac Acks <xxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
It's not a demand, but I think it's pretty reasonable for Fresno chapter to add us to their list if we add them to ours.Perhaps audience is the wrong word, but we want more visability just as much as Fresno does. I will remove the dates as you requested though.

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 2:01 AM, Dan Bratten <xxxxx@charter.net> wrote:
Feel free to contact one of our board members and ask them. So you don't end up disappointed remove the dates I gave you until the Fresno club complies with your demand. "My audience" -- I like that. Have fun with it.

On Apr 29, 2014, at 9:16 PM, Isaac Acks <xxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
Technically, yes . However the audience to each club don't overlap 100%. If I'm going to modify our calendar to advertise to my audience I expect the same in return.

On Apr 29, 2014 9:03 PM, "Dan Bratten" <xxxxx@charter.net> wrote:
Fresno and Sacramento are chapters in SFR. Neither are "other clubs."

On Apr 29, 2014, at 8:01 PM, Isaac Acks <xxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
Who would I talk to about getting ours posted? I'm not a fan of us adding other clubs if they aren't willing to do the same.

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Dan Bratten <xxxxx@charter.net> wrote:
Isaac,

I made the Google calendar just for the transfer as I don't normally use it. As you were not able to share it I copied what I had in my personal iCal. So, notifications and not public.

This is most likely a one time thing as I do not manage the calendar or the web site. I just wanted you to have our information to include.

I don't imagine the club adding the SFR calendar to our local one. It seems difficult enough to get our own info posted and kept up to date. I'm sure you can relate to that frustration.

--Dan

On Apr 29, 2014, at 2:15 AM, Isaac Acks <xxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Dan,

In the future, please disable all you notification reminders in the events you setup as well as make them public.

--Isaac

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 3:07 AM, Isaac Acks <xxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
the ICS file will work.

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 10:56 PM, Dan Bratten <xxxxx@charter.net> wrote:
Here's the private address for the Google calendar --

Private Address
Please use the following address to access your calendar from other applications. You can copy and paste this into any calendar product that supports the iCal format.

https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/tdr6biur7fr0ir0k7o3kd5g idc%40group.calendar.google.com/private-478d5a8daff4ec1eaa62 222dab2575c6/basic.ics

--Dan

On Apr 26, 2014, at 7:54 PM, Isaac Acks <xxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
Try exporting your calendar to ics format and then emailing me that.

--Isaac

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM, <xxxxx@charter.net> wrote:
Hi Issac,

I made a Google calendar of our remaining events. I shared it with -- xxxxx@gmail.com

Don't know if that works -- first time using this calendar.

--Dan
xxxxx@charter.net

----------------------------------------

[Updated on: Fri, 02 May 2014 01:32] by Moderator

Re: New SFR website [message #109208 is a reply to message #109202] Thu, 01 May 2014 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
segfault is currently offline  segfault   United States
Top Time of Day

Yeah, and as you can see, I asked you about posting it and your first response is: we're not separate clubs. Not even a hint of being helpful. In fact, your first email doesn't even mention a representative who can help me. You tell me: "I don't imagine the club adding the SFR calendar to our local one." So I'm supposed to do extra to add your stuff and help your chapter but I shouldn't expect reciprocation?

Then I mention that I want increased visibility for both of us. Your response is to be childish and tell me to delete them, so I do. You mention to contact someone who actually does do work for Fresno chapter, but you don't even give me a name. And if you didn't want the dates removed, you shouldn't throw a tantrum telling me to do it.

As for your last email, I didn't even check it because as I mentioned, I was done arguing with you.

--Isaac
SFR Chief of Timing and Computer Magic
SM 71

[Updated on: Thu, 01 May 2014 14:20]

Re: New SFR website [message #109211 is a reply to message #109208] Thu, 01 May 2014 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
amrx7   United States
Fourth Gear

Isaac/Dan -- sounds like you both are suffering from internetitis. You are both nice guys who just like to see things get done, so chill.

-Andy
Previous Topic: E-stock miata question
Next Topic: American Graffiti Festival this weekend - Modesto
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 21 15:21:34 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01247 seconds