Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » Northern California Events » What a great day at round
Re: What a great day at round [message #108833 is a reply to message #108832] Wed, 16 April 2014 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Pellow is currently offline  Dan Pellow   
Top Time of Day

Pat, It's being worked on. Thumb Up

Dan Pellow
---------------
Image is property of Morris Minor Owners Club

[Updated on: Wed, 16 April 2014 07:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What a great day at round [message #108834 is a reply to message #108833] Wed, 16 April 2014 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pat Kelly is currently offline  Pat Kelly   United States
Top Time of Day

I hope so. Since I stopped competing this year, and going to the SC meetings, I'm out of the loop. (Old age) In the results I have yet to see anyone DQd for not working. Entrants should see that as evidence we're not joking. BTDT
--Pae K
Re: What a great day at round [message #108837 is a reply to message #108833] Wed, 16 April 2014 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben_B is currently offline  Ben_B   United States
Third Gear

Dan Pellow wrote on Wed, 16 April 2014 07:12
Pat, It's being worked on. Thumb Up

Wanna make sure I don't get DNW'd. I tech'd group 5 (ran 5) but changed to that at the last minute and things might've gotten scrambled with the worksheet.

1995 Miata. Torsen, Koni yellow, FCM bumps, FM front sway. Dunlop ZII. ES.
Re: What a great day at round [message #108839 is a reply to message #108837] Wed, 16 April 2014 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mwood   
Top Time of Day

Benny, I have to respectfully disagree that morning run group imbalance is uncommon or limited. It happens at every Oakland event, it is just a matter of how much it impacts the event. On big attendance days, it causes 3 hr run groups and long days. On lighter turn out days, it results in not enough workers in afternoon groups...

Agree that fun runs shouldn't be banned. Easy button: you must run in group, prior to being allowed fun runs. In effect, that would make it impossible to fun run in RG1 or RG2 and then just split. It also would encourage participating in class, which I would argue is good for the program. The implications would include no option to fun run if you are in RG6 (or whatever is last run group) and a loss of convenience for those that have other stuff they must do later in the day.

For regions that allow fun runs, this is typically how it is managed.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 April 2014 11:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What a great day at round [message #108841 is a reply to message #108832] Wed, 16 April 2014 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Kelly Jr. is currently offline  John Kelly Jr.   United States
First Gear

Benny, Where are the season point standings posted?
Re: What a great day at round [message #108855 is a reply to message #108839] Wed, 16 April 2014 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joltdudeuc is currently offline  joltdudeuc   United States
Top PAX
Veyron pilot

Been around nearly as long as you I think, but never seen a 2.5hr RG 1 ever at oakland. Even in the worst computer situation days, it's been better than that. This is fixable by reshuffling classes now that we know where the big ones are. We should go that route, or go 4/4 again.

1999 Subaru Impreza RS - #185 SM-T2 (SOLD)
2014 Subaru BRZ Limited -#185 DS
Gaganpreet Bains

Re: What a great day at round [message #108856 is a reply to message #108855] Wed, 16 April 2014 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Time of Day

joltdudeuc wrote on Wed, 16 April 2014 16:57
Been around nearly as long as you I think, but never seen a 2.5hr RG 1 ever at oakland. Even in the worst computer situation days, it's been better than that. This is fixable by reshuffling classes now that we know where the big ones are. We should go that route, or go 4/4 again.

The large group 1 was caused by the 42 Fun Runs, I suspect. I liked the idea of fun runs only running in the afternoon groups.
--Pat K
Re: What a great day at round [message #108857 is a reply to message #108856] Wed, 16 April 2014 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atcovan is currently offline  atcovan   United States
Top Time of Day
CONTRIBUTOR

Pat, somewhere, somehow, the definition of the term "fun run" was changed from a non-points run after competition is all done and you line up with a dollar and hand it to the starter. This was after morning groups finished before lunchtime, or at the end of the day, assuming time allowed. Today, that's replaced the former, "wrg" wrong run group, or "no points" on the scorecard, which was always discouraged, but cannot totally avoided. You and I have aged and things just aren't like they were! I recall when the sponsor club/chapter did all the work and the drivers ran, then took off. We then enjoyed pizza with the funrun $$ Smile

Jim
Re: What a great day at round [message #108858 is a reply to message #108857] Wed, 16 April 2014 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Time of Day

delete You and I have aged and things just aren't like they were! I recall when the sponsor club/chapter did all the work and the drivers ran, then took off. We then enjoyed pizza with the funrun $$ Smile[/quote]

Jim, SFR stole the idea of folks working to play from the old North South events at Santa Maria. Smile
Since then, SFR has always done it that way. You're thinking of before SCCA got into the program, when separate clubs presented events that were part of their Council's Championship Series. The best dates were always the first of the season, just like now. Smile
In those days I can remember running 2 or 3 events in one day (if the car stayed in one piece!)
--Pat K
Re: What a great day at round [message #108863 is a reply to message #108839] Thu, 17 April 2014 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
benny_ng is currently offline  benny_ng   United States
Top Time of Day
FORUM SPONSOR

mwood wrote on Wed, 16 April 2014 11:01
Benny, I have to respectfully disagree that morning run group imbalance is uncommon or limited. It happens at every Oakland event, it is just a matter of how much it impacts the event. On big attendance days, it causes 3 hr run groups and long days. On lighter turn out days, it results in not enough workers in afternoon groups...

I don't know. Numbers don't lie. We've gone through this more times than there were fun runners in RG1 this past event at SC meetings.

Jerry has historical data, and there has never been any statistical significant discrepancies. I don't remember the numbers exactly, but it would be like 10-rg1, 5rg2, 8rg3, etc.

Benny
http://Lubrify.com | Racing Fluids - motul, eneos, AMSOIL, RedLine, swepco Total & Torco Fuels

Craftwerx Concepts, Genitrix Motorsports, Radix Motorsports
Previous Topic: TMR Autocross June 28th- event #15
Next Topic: Changes effective starting rnd 9!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Nov 11 16:33:32 PST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01678 seconds