Keep us running!
Order HD Helmet HERO at GoPro.com

Next Event: AAS Round 1

Home » Bay Area Autocross Forum » New to Autocross/New to the Forum » New guy here from the East Bay
New guy here from the East Bay [message #105760] Fri, 13 December 2013 18:54 Go to next message
Nick G is currently offline  Nick G
First Gear

Hey everybody. My name is Nick and I'm one of the new guys here. I drive a 94 Mustang GT which is stock for the most part. I am completely new to the forum as well as the Autocrossing world. I was encouraged to join from one of my best friends, Justin, who is a fabricator/installer over at Maier Racing.. maybe some of you Mustang guys know of him.

Anyways, I ended up going to the Oakland Autocross event last weekend after Justin told me to come out. After going for a couple rides, I was instantly hooked. I've always been a car guy, but I've only experienced drag racing. Seems like a blast to be going around corners and just being able to test the limitations of your car. I have a couple mods to my suspension right now, but will be completely going thru the whole thing soon.

I hope to make it out to the next event to get a bit of seat time and just learn the sport in general. Hope to meet some of you one of these days. Always willing to listen to tips, tricks, and advice.

Nick

94' Mustang GT
Re: New guy here from the East Bay [message #105761 is a reply to message #105760] Fri, 13 December 2013 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G_Ride is currently offline  G_Ride   
Top PAX

Welcome to the forum, and it's good to hear that you had fun and plan to continue. Unfortunately, that Oakland event was the last one of the year. The next event won't be until Feb 9 of next year.

--Erik
2013 Subaru BRZ
68 STX
Re: New guy here from the East Bay [message #105762 is a reply to message #105761] Fri, 13 December 2013 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick G is currently offline  Nick G
First Gear

Perfect time to take apart my car then and buy some new tires lol. But yea I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to February. At least I know i have a little bit of time to prepare

94' Mustang GT
Re: New guy here from the East Bay [message #105764 is a reply to message #105762] Sat, 14 December 2013 00:30 Go to previous message
TPColgett is currently offline  TPColgett   
Sixth Gear

Glad to have another person fron the East Bay! Looking forward to that next event in Feb Very Happy

http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz162/TPColgett/Golden%20Gate%20Fields%20AutoX%20July%202012/SmallSig.jpg
Tyler
STF #8 2008 Honda Fit Sport 5MT
Still an AutoX Noob >_<
Previous Topic: Hey Everybody
Next Topic: Hello, Newbie here from south bay
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 14 07:18:30 PDT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00842 seconds